SF Bay Area / Peninsula OL August 20 Yuzu

Ok I updated and started a list.
You guys in? George, Wes, Sean, Andrew

Gene, can you call to arrange?
(As an aside, any chance of arranging sides for me if there are shrimp/crab/lobster dishes?)

I’m probable. Tuesdays are great. Liz probable.

Yes, in.

Ok updated - lemme know when Liz is def.

Great group! So… what are we drinking?

I have no experience with wine and sushi. I generally go beer, so any advice.

Whites with acidity. Loire Chenin Blanc, Chablis, Austrian and German Riesling, Champagne, Sake.

No sake, please. The owner of Yuzu has a side business exporting/importing wines into Japan. They have a good-sized list of sake, so let’s focus on wine, please.

I’ll reach out to the owner and confirm here shortly that the private room will be available to us on the 20th. Will also advise the owner that Doc Dan would like some individual portion sized alternatives to the shellfish options prepared for the group.

And just a reminder to please bring cash. It’s our way of saying thanks to the establishments that waive corkage and, in Yuzu’s case, provide us our own private room and dedicated server when we dine there.

There’s usually a grilled organic Jidori chicken as one of the apps, so some red burg could also be in play. Plus, the chef/proprietor is always provided pours, and he has a varied palate like any good WBer would have… champagne.gif

I wrote a response earlier that red burg goes with all the food for me but deleted it because it might be wrong for others. Oaky reds do not match.

OK, you gals and guys are confirmed for Yuzu on Tuesday, Aug 20th at 6:30PM. Unfortunately, I’ve been scheduled to be out of town that day, but will stay in contact with the owner to finalize final headcount of WBers attending. Please take me off the attendee list… [cray.gif]

I’ll take Gene’s spot if it’s available. I didn’t think I could make it that day but my other thing fell through.

You should be good, Craig. Can probably get 16 folks in there without feeling crowded.

Dan, if you want to do the 88 Cortons, I have mine standing up.

Glad you’re excited about it

I’ll bring some 07 CdP!

I have mine consumed… [wow.gif]

I can make it if there is room.

Sean

“Waiter, table for one!”

Andy,
Is Laura gonna make it?

Sean,
You’re added.