Shabu Shabu

Canto for the win!

I need a trip to Japan soon…

Didn’t want to start a new thread, but I am looking for a Chinese hot pot sauce kit/pouch. My girlfriend brought one back from China, but can’t remember the brand. Any recommendations on brand or places to source from?

TIA

how much work do you want to do on your own? If you have homemade chicken stock, veal stock, or consomme, you’re already well ahead of any pre-made packet.

I’m willing to make homemade chicken stock. Does this make it much better than using store bought chicken stock?

I use store bought chicken broth for my hot pot. At the local chinese market it’s $1 for 2 cans of chicken broth.

Probably the most famous hot pot sauce kit is Little Sheep. It’s kinda herbal and spicy. Just go to your local asian market, they should have it.

Personally I just get a bunch of shitake mushroom and boil chicken broth with it. Works fine for me. Personally I prefer pork bone broth for hot pot, but for ease I’d rather just do store bought chicken broth.

Did this a month or two ago. Snake river farms American wagyu and kurobuta pork with some enoki/king oyster mushrooms.