Shamed for not including a score on a CT tasting note

The guy is looking for the abv%, cruel person the poster to not share.

id be far more apt to share a score than abv.

I have some free time next week. [stirthepothal.gif] champagne.gif

Oops he only has 3 wines in his cellar.

1 Like

If someone can’t laugh that off, they really shouldn’t be on the internet.

1 Like

Makes it kinda tough huh? He has multiple notes in some wines, he’s not being fully honest with his holdings.

Every bridge you cross is operated by a troll. Most of the time they live underneath it and people travel normally. Then there are those times where the troll gets irritated by something above and reveals itself. Your choices are to aim dead-center, or swerve around it.

There are some funny comments on this thread - especially with how often folks here have to know what Jeb or Antonio rated a wine [stirthepothal.gif]

There are many that need that single figure because, well, because they do - and again, that holds for MANY on this board.

Come on folks, there are worse things to worry about.

And Paul, this is not a knock against you whatsoever - it’s aimed at those who take offense at what this person is doing . . .

Cheers

Except that Jeb and Galloni actually make a living off of reviewing and providing scores while Paul is an enthusiast. It’s not really the same

Just for context, it’s not for Berserkers, Wine Pages or Auswine forumites that this might be the real issue. Enough of us know how we feel about points & wine, and can easily dismiss such ‘demands’.

However Eric’s site no doubt attracts people who don’t frequent wine forums, and for whom wine is relatively new and potentially intimidating. It is for those people that I expect Eric might choose to step in, especially if such behaviour might intimidate people away from CT.

But . . . How many people on here ask about certain scores when evaluating wines? My point is that this board is not immune from this concept as well.

And who is saying that a note is worthless without the score and that’s why they need the score? There was a vastly different way that person could’ve commented on Paul’s note and Paul wouldn’t have been posting that comment. Context matters

2 Likes

I give this thread 95pts

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing with you at all - just thinking about the irony of things.

Cheers!

and the shamer just keeps on digging.

[cheers.gif]

Ok, that back and forth on CT is so deep into comedic superficiality that I did the only thing I felt was appropriate: I added an obscure Seinfeld reference.

1 Like

We are above all that, Larry. We have nothing but the highest, most moral reason for being here and posting our thoughts. Heck, we can even trust WB’s with each other’s spouses when we’re out of town, that is how dang trustworthy we are!

I see he’s going strong. Maybe, if numbers are so valuable to him, he should pay you for yours.

(And I say this as someone who appreciates ratings.)

Larry, you and others are missing the point of this discussion: it’s not a discussion of the value of points or not, it’s a discussion that some moron feels the need to troll tasting notes with no scores on a repeated basis. Get off trashing people here to talk about Jeb, Antonio, etc. or start another thread. I frequently post TNs on CT with no score, but I also subscribe to Vinous. So friggin’ what? I think the dude that does what was discussed in the OP is an absolute moron, but that’s because he feels the need to troll…not because he apparently likes points.

A first class dick, then?

Where is your description to justify that score!!! neener