Ship issue

I’ve never come across them but based on that response I’ll be avoiding them. BTW you may want to edit your post to remove your email address.

This has got to be the wildest response of all time.

1. he said don’t open it cause bottle shock.
    You wait a couple years and open it. It’s cooked still.

2. Now he’s saying it must be premox.
    Which BY THE WAY - if I was a retailer selling natural wine I’d be EXTRA careful about shipping in heat.

He’s acting like you’re an idiot and don’t understand wine… which is odd since you’ve bought a lot of wine from him over the years.

I’d say chock it up and never buy from him again, but the response is so infuriating.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s bizarre. Not buying from them anytime soon (or ever).

That’s a wild response.

This seemed odd as well:

My advice is to drink the wines cold from the fridge over the next year or so. If they are prematurely oxidized, the temperature will mask the sherry notes and you will still be able to taste the gorgeous rich fruit.

1 Like

[scratch.gif]

I bought from LF for years, going back to Chambers, and then from LF Selections.
Then he sent me a shipment during hot weather, although I had told him to hold. When I questioned, he CCd me on the expletive-laced (toward me) email to one of his underlings. The message ended with, “ remove him from our f*cking list!”
About a year ago I received another offer. I replied with a copy of the expletive-laced email from our earlier exchange. I never received a response.
There are two types of LF customers, those who got burned, and those who will get burned one day.
A$$hole

8 Likes

styrofoam is great to cushion wine but it’s a terrible insulator. R value is quite low. It’s 4.5-5 per inch. That’s negligible.

1 Like

Lyle is screwing him over and bullshitting his way out of it. Why sugar coat it?

1 Like

These wines taken out of the styro were warm to the touch and corks were protruding and leaking.

Photos were sent to Lyle but he said they just needed to rest.

For three-and-a-half years?

I have now opened a total of 5 bottles over the last few years from this shipment. The most recent one being this week.

Bottle 1 - cooked
Bottle 2 - cooked
Bottle 3 - actually a decent bottle. Drank as other Morels I have had….which turned me on to the producer.
Bottle 4 - cooked
Bottle 5 - cooked

Knowing I am not going to get refunded anything this entire time, I just wanted to see what Lyles reaction was going to be. And his response is astounding.

He could have just said. “It was an accident shipping the wines in the middle of the summer, but there is nothing I can do about it. Go shop elsewhere.”

This is simply outrageous - and makes things that much more challenging for every other retailer.

I would find a lawyer here on this board - Fu maybe - and go after him. Period. Unacceptable behavior should not be tolerated and this is unacceptable, ludicrous, etc.

Keep us posted . . .

1 Like

[popcorn.gif]

Come on guys, he’s delivered “many wines . . . in 90 degree weather” without apparent problem and knows more than you. If you wait and then rush to drink them, you should be able to glimpse a shadow of what you thought you bought.

1 Like

Halfway surprised he didn’t tell you that you were too hasty in opening the wines and needed to wait 5-10+ years with the ideal drinking window being after at least one of you two (doesn’t matter which) died.

But make sure to drink them between 31.5 and 32.5F or they will taste like garbage.

1 Like

I’m thinking we pour them into popsicle molds, freeze them, then we can lick the “gorgeous rich fruit” to elongate the pleasure. We will never know it is damaged wine. How stoopid we have been.

3 Likes

I would’ve just charged it back with my cc company if he hadn’t taken them back initially; I had to do that with a different retailer last year.

You didn’t drink these on a root day, did you? Because…

3 Likes

Just figured out the timeline. I think the four year gap means you have absolutely no redress. The moment the wines arrived, I would have called the retailer and asked him to pick up the wines. If his response was anything other than yes, I would have reversed the cc and told him the wines were waiting for him to pick up, along with any photographs necessary.

I cannot believe that bottles are damaged, and he asked you to take the risk. I am no great fan of Fass, and I can’t say I am surprised.