Sine Qua Non AND other Cali Cults table for October 16 Berserkerfest at PDH in NYC

If there is still room at this table… I can add the 2018 Fingers Crossed (Nikolas Krankl) White wine if there is interest. I also have the 2009 SQN Grenache - Upside Down. I also spoke to Mike Green today and he’d like a spot too and might bring his wife Laurie Green. If its already capped, no worries as we can start a second.

I have to count . . . we may need to split into the “properly aged Cali Cab table” With Victor and Tom and others - I can sit at both tables because I have 1982 Laurel Glen allegedly ex chateau) and the SQN and Modern Rocket Fuel table. BUT don’t worry, we will find spots for the SQN devotees.

For the SQN devotees, there’s me, Mike, You, Green et ux and maybe my wife (she can’t decide - she is COVID phobic) and then if we add Victor and Tom that’s 8. We could have a white flight and a “What’s all the fuss about Laurel Glen” flight followed by an SQN red flight. If you bring the 2008 Grenache I can bring the 2009 Esto No Es Una Salida Grenache to compare. Let me know if Green et ux. are coming.

Dave,
With Mike and his wife that caps the table at 8.

Jay
Mike R
Victor
Tom R
Dave
Mike Green +1
Gary G

And then we have the possibility that my wine will want to come. I will talk to her. She was not sure.

All of your wine? [wow.gif]

wife!

David, please bring a big boy white. You know I want it.

Do we have enough champagne and white wine at this table?

Depends on what Mike G and wife say…

I am bringing the new SQN white along with a older SQN Grenache.

My wife has decided to brave New York City for the first time in 18 months so our table is now oversubscribed. We will have to work something out.

Will figure it out… there should be plenty of wine…

She can sit at the Pinot Noir table where it’s marked safe from AFWE.

So I think we have two whites and no champagne. Can anyone bring champagne?

Depends where my wife sits. If she sits at our table, I should be able to convince her to bring either a La Grande Dame or the Piper Rare Magnum.

Mike and Laurie Green are confirmed.

1 Like

Talk to Mike Green and it looks like he’s eyeing a Colgin recent vintage (undecided but will decant) and a Volcanic Hill with some age on it.

1 Like

My wife is definitely coming. We now have an embarrassment of riches and 9 people. I will let Mike figure that out. My cellar is in an uproar due to reorganization so finding things is a PITA, but I will definitely bring the Aperta and the oldest SQN Grenache I can find (I only have back to 2009 or 2010). I will leave my wife to her own choice, but will influence her towards selecting a 2006 Pol Roger Winston. If anyone has any alternate requests, ask and you never know. I have a lifetime supply of Saxum with lots of mags and a not insignificant supply of Cultish Cabs like Schrader. OR a Bionic Frog.

OK. My wife decided to go with older cult, so we will bring the 1998 Araujo - a classic cult wine from a bad vintage that we have had many times and that proves that great terroir, great vineyard management and great winemaking beats bad weather every day. I will bring the 2009 SQN Esto No Es Un Salida and the 2018 SQN Aperta

I do not object to nine at a table… plenty of wine along the way

Opened an Aperta tonight—was outstanding with sushi from a great local place called Kyodai.