So what 2019 Northern Rhone Syrahs are you buying?

I am still stocking up on '15s and '16s

1 Like

I am stocking up on 2013-19 :grin:. It is hard work.

For some reason 2012 is kinda where it starts getting hard backfilling, which is a shame because the 2012’s i have tasted like Gallet’s Côte-Rôtie has been open and delicious.

1 Like

Pretty much across the board in my experience, the 2012s are and have been open since release. The Gallet is outstanding! I actually drank all of mine.

Anyone drinking any 2019 Northern Rhones?

I opened a 2019 Lionnet Cornas Pur Granit the other day and it was a big as a house! Really ripe and saucy, honestly it was too much.

I have also tasted 2019 Gerard Le Mollard (rather big but seemingly well proportioned), Guy Farge Cornas (too big and dull), Clos de la Bonnette Côte-Rôtie Damas Pourpre (ripe but bright and cheerful).

Small sample size, but “big” is an obvious theme.

Actually didn’t add a lot compared to what i wrote in my initial post, only a few 2019 Balthazar Chaillot.

Only tasted Jamet’s CDR (which is good in 2019) from my list. The rest are sleeping as I don’t have that many bottles.

Excited to taste 2021 from my favourite producers.

I’ve cracked a few 19 Northern Rhones. The only one that was a pleasure was Mickaël Bourg’s Cornas - the rest were just not ready yet.

1 Like