So who should I invite to the "Tasteless Wines Are for Empty Minds" real wines dinner?

and if your defence is insulting people as ‘snowflakes’ then you really don’t know when to stop digging that hole.

1 Like

1 Like

So very disappointing.

Indeed. I’m disappointed in a society that has produced such visceral reactions to this fairly innocuous post. At least complain about something legitimate like his post was boring and predictable.

1 Like

New guy here… I’m just eating my popcorn.
Judging and laughing at this thread.

That is all

Such wit! amazing!

I just figured that Hack was sundowning again and that we shouldn’t make light of his disability in the same manor he is making cheap, unfunny jokes about people dying from eating disorders.

Is this still happening? Asking for a friend.

Oh come on! I hate the wines, and if forced to drink them would revert to my Golden Arches thread. But this was supposed to be fun, some gentle teasing designed for shared laughter.
God, there are times we take ourselves far too seriously on this board.

1 Like

I saw a guy at the insurrection wearing a “Camp Auschwitz” t-shirt. I suppose if he said that he was wearing it “as a joke” then that’s totally fine and everyone who is offended by it are a bunch of snowflakes, huh? Swell logic, Jay; you sure your degree isn’t from OSU?

• Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness
    A study by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders reported that 5 – 10% of anorexics die within 10 years after contracting the disease; 18-20% of anorexics will be dead after 20 years and only 30 – 40% ever fully recover
    The mortality rate associated with anorexia nervosa is 12 times higher than the death rate of ALL causes of death for females 15 – 24 years old.
    20% of people suffering from anorexia will prematurely die from complications related to their eating disorder, including suicide and heart problems

I gather the men here complaining it’s just a little joke snowflake have never had a friend, child, sister, loved one suffering from this disease.

You’ve been asked by a few of us who do not normally complain about boorish behavior to please change this because … it hurts … and the response is to default to the crap we expect from creeps, not friends here. I hope you are each lucky enough to never face this disease amongst those you care about.

1 Like

Oh all right. I changed the title to make people happy. I think our side is doomed because of its inability to suck it up and deal with an annoyance, but the truth is that I had no idea that this would upset anyone and never even considered the issue. Just remember that the next time that I do door to door canvassing on election day and some Wingnut pulls a gun on me, which has already happened twice, please don’t pair me with someone who is so easily offended, because when they faint, I am too old to be able to throw them over my shoulder and carry them away.

As to the Camp Auschwitz comment above, the only reason that I was not in Washington that day to kick someone like that guy in the ass is that I had serious surgery in late December and the staples had just been removed from the 14 in incision on my chest. I am disgusted that not one else taught that guy a lesson he would never forget.

PS - the person who designed and gave me the T-shirt with that slogan is a woman, so don’t be so quick to treat this as a sex-linked trait.

Thank you for reconsidering your words, Jay; your reflection is meaningful. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Jay,
I get it !

When you and I go to war at Armageddon, the end of days, I promise not to bring a snowflake to help me but you need to agree to leave Marjorie Taylor Green at home.

Deal, NO Snowflakes, nor those that have been too Woke !