SPECIAL OFFER - Virage Vineyards (destruction from Glass fire)

You, the 2007, 2011, 2012
Your dad, the 2010, big heat spike, but honestly, I’m loving it lately (and my style definitely classic) even with that 14.9% alcohol, it has really nice acidity.

Thank you so much.

So this is my guest cabin, across a little flagstone path from the big house (700sf). It’s got the cellar underneath, built into the hill. I’ll put a photo of that up too, you guys will appreciate the work I did, building wine storage around the natural boulders; this is simple vertical plank] construction, redwood like you can’t get anymore, built in the late 1880’s
IMG_9211.JPG
IMG_8304.jpg

Here’s the side view, see the stone path? And my house, and dining deck, behind the tree trunk
IMG_9207.JPG
IMG_9208.PNG
And after… screenshot from Twitter video… wine cellar still burning four days later

A small cozy house,
IMG_0367.jpg
IMG_8308.JPG
IMG_3246.JPG
all about the outdoor gathering spaces, and the view
59172644117__01ED63BA-2C30-49A9-B1EC-A4E5D6AB36A5.jpg
IMG_8341.JPG

Honestly, I know some people think we shouldn’t be able to live in a wooded area. But the reality is I’m at the end of the block with a local hospital. This is an old neighborhood built around that facility when it was a rural health retreat, visited by patrons from the Bay Area and beyond, by horse n buggy :slight_smile: The hospital is fine. They defended the hospital. Nobody defended our little houses. The entire street is emotionally crushed.

Grateful for the avalanche of positivity in my email inbox. I’m up way too late, haven’t even responded to everyone. Thank you.
Work = therapy. I need to get set up to pack and ship; I’ll do what I always do and contact folks with a heads up.

To see everything I’ve been restoring and nurturing for 22 years reduced to ash is brutal. Yeah, I was planning to retire off the hill, but not to go like this…

Order placed. Good luck to all of you!

Order in.

Working on fixing this - trying to see if there is malware somewhere on the server. Regardless, looks like wine.com has its hands in some bad company to be working with malware if so

Works now and order in!

What wonderful photos … thank you Emily for sharing those.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and refreshing positivity. Will give a holler when I start fixin to ship and ready for the Battle of FedEx–the Covid highway-robbery rates are like double and the service is no longer accountable. But there’s no other option!
I hear there’s a FedEx bashing thread, can’t wait to find time to join in.

Rich, thanks for helping on this! Ten years, I never figured it out. Don’t tell anyone…

Order in for 2 Library verticals and no discount used. Just a suggestion as I know what she is going through. Get the auction going and I’m in.
Best wishes Emily and know you have a big group behind you at this little place we come to hang out. Hugs to you! grouphug

Just saw this thread. Will go check it out. Emily has always been great. I wish her all the best.

Order in.

I ordered “Emily’s Case” today to help out. I’m looking forward to trying these wines, they sound very good and interesting.

Order in! Worked like a charm.

Emily, I am so sorry you are going through this.

If you are hesitating about Emily’s rose thinking that roses must be consumed within 1-2 years: I purchased a case for WB day, and it’s drinking fabulously. I opened a bottle yesterday and my first thought was that it was even better than when I first received it. Paired with a leek potato soup and it’s the perfect Sunday lunch in the heat of SoCal.

order in!