Spectrum wines wants to ship my wines to NY in mid Dec

I have never had Spectrum wines ship wines mid dec before. I got an email stating they will be shipping it out to me. They phone rep says anything over 30 degrees is perfectly fine. Anyone else in the NE getting their wines shipped now from West Coast?

1 Like

I haven’t had any problem. Hasn’t been that cold or hot.

Look at “Fall 23 shipping season” thread.

1 Like

Better than my six cases landing in Central Florida on Monday, in the 80s, the smaller boxes all warm. Mix of retailers. Looks like things got held over the weekend, and Sunday Monday was when it spiked wake outside. Of course, Tuesday was perfect. But no deliveries.

It’s probably fine, and the weather here hasn’t been all that cold. I’ve gotten shipments in mid December without a problem to Connecticut. But I do worry about the weather en route. It may be nice shipping temps in the NE and West Coast, but what happens if your wine sits in the back of a truck in sun-zero temps in South Dakota or something?

I live in Northern Vermont. Over the years I have had many nail biters when things were shipped in the dead of winter. With experience I have learned not to worry too much anymore even when temps are in the low teens. I have only lost one shipment to cold and that was a wine.com box that was shipped in January without my consent and ended up spending a weekend in the local truck when the temps were well below zero. Here’s the crime scene:

I’ve been receiving wine in upstate NY (currently 23F) for the past week with no issue, though temps have been fluctuating above and below freezing.

(It helps that my lovely UPS delivery man puts my wine deliveries in my basement when I’m not home, so they’re not sitting outside in the cold).

You are not concerned about long term damage it may have caused?

I’m not too worried yet because the weather hasn’t been consistently below freezing and most of my deliveries have some insulation, but it’d be a different story in mid Feb

Two years ago, I shipped two pallets of wine from LA to auction in Delaware in December. When I asked about the timing, Advantage Transportation assured me that the wine would be fine. And it was.

I’m fine receiving wine with current east coast temps.