SQN 2018 estate box offering out

We participated in a side-by-side double blind tasting late last year of the 2017 SQN related syrah wines: Andremily, Faethm (Fingers Crossed), NOK, SQN, and SQN EBA. Each were double decanted for 6 hours prior to tasting. Interestingly, my preferences were from least expensive (Andremily) right on up to most expensive (SQN EBA), though I found it no easy task to determine a final order of preference. The group favored the Andremily slightly to the SQN EBA as overall favorites. I have no doubt that the order would be different were we to try this again in 5-10 years, but it was hella-fun.

2 Likes

but you get to avoid tax which is material upside

1 Like

I assume you mean I avoid state income tax, which is absolutely true. But I still pay tax on the purchase, although itā€™s roughly the same as it was in California.

you are correct sir. for me CA is ~10% on income and 10% on spend. fortunately my former is higher than my latter so that would be my trade :slight_smile:. Hope you are well Mark

If anyone is passing on their allocation, I have a good friend/co-worker who is looking to pick up a box. Please feel free to shoot me a PM!

Thanks in advance.

Tried it a few years ago at the beach with the 2007 vintage.
Thereā€™s a definite difference, itā€™s a step up for sure.
But night and day? Of course not, and itā€™s all in a similar style.

Caved again because When one is in love, emotions make rational thinking go poof.

I did decide drop the white wine which absolutely makes me sad as I think they are fairly singular wines for CA white. But seriously at $150+ Iā€™ve decided I also want to taste some of the other singular white wines from all around the globe, which Iā€™ve never dabbled in before. Thankfully I have 10 years of past vintages to enjoy along the way.

Stupid SQN and BD in same weekā€¦ [truce.gif]

Got sidetracked, so I just ordered today. My full allocation was still there.

my allocations have dropped over the past few years (no change in buying behavior) and have been told its to let additional people on the list, which is a good thing. I am curious if others have had similar experience

my allocations have dropped over the past few years (no change in buying behavior) and have been told its to let additional people on the list, which is a good thing. I am curious if others have had similar experience

This was my first offer of any Eleven Confessions wines, and I was offered 3 of the Syrah and 3 of the White; no grenache. I think this is my third allocation from them (Zieharmonika and the white previously).

1 Like

Iā€™ve been allocated and bought a wooden 6-pack of reds for over a decade - no changes. Iā€™ve only sporadically bought the white but allocation hasnā€™t changed even when I donā€™t buy

Nope, my allocations have steadily increased (slowly) over the years. A shipping arriving tomorrow is my largest allocation ever, by far.

You are not aloneā€“this has happened at least a few times that I am aware of. Theyā€™ve worked to add quite a few people to the active list, and this seems to be one way to open up offerings since they canā€™t just increase their production very quickly.

Maybe i was lucky for years. Has now happened to me twice and none of my friends that i exposed to SQN have been impacted. Odd that seniority is ignored and/or punished but it is what it is. Had a great 20 year run with SQN, i think Manfred is wonderful as are his wines but after an unsatisfying exchange with Elaine the run will come to an end with this release

I take what Iā€™m offered and donā€™t I ask for more, so my allocation has grown slowly over the years, many years not at all. Iā€™m also getting NOK and TT. I could easily be spending >$10K a year on everything that Iā€™m offered. The wine is outstanding, but itā€™s too much for a retired guy.

Deleted

From multiple cases? Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve heard of this before.

I did make a mistake and missed the (6) whites one year. Upon realizing I promptly admitted it was my mistake and Iā€™d hope to have it back the next year. When I was re-offered it was for 3 going forward. That was fine and fair by me at the time though.

I donā€™t really do Rhone white so Iā€™ve skipped to spread the love and have never been penalized. Always appreciated that.