SQN and Chimere have flown the coop!!!

I really, really wanted to exercise some self control. But I failed.

My name is Duncan and I just can’t help myself when it comes to SQN. If that makes me a bad man, so be it!

Anyone in Vegas tonight that wants to sample the new SQN releases is more than welcome to join…

You rock!

Nah. If he really rocked, he’d open the Chimere magnum (or both magnums of Stock and Stein).

image.jpg
NOK also arrived today. Plus got a nice email from SQN that I had finally made the list!

Not there til Saturday…but will bring SQN for dinners…and lunches with lovely wife for our anniversary.

hey duncan…so how are they? and what is that bottle with cat on it?

2013 …And An Eight Track Rosé
Stone fruits, like a beautiful summer compote, some notes of tart cherries and ripe strawberries. Hides its alcohol extremely well. This is one beautiful rosé. Yvonne’s new favourite SQN Rosé. As the back label says “Youthful Happiness” - couldn’t agree more! Side note - first brown glass bottle I remember from SQN since 2006 The Hoodoo Man

2012 Stock Syrah
Peppery notes similar to the 2005 vintage Syrah’s - 2005 Atlantis and 17th Nail. Reminds me of a young 2004 Ode to E Syrah, with a meatiness reminiscent of 2002 Heart Chorea. This is delicious. Achingly beautiful now, but probably needs 3-5 years to gain additional complexity

2012 Stein Grenache
Like the Syrah’s brooding younger brother. Initially very tight, but after a few hours in the decanter, it really begins to strut - licorice and some black cherry flavours in a well rounded (albeit young) package. This will need more years to come around than the already great Syrah. If you have both Stock & Stein - I would try the Syrah and leave the Grenache resting in the cellar for a while

Rick - that’s 2012 Chimère that arrived today

Thanks for the notes Duncan. Unfortuntely, with only one rose, its going to be a tough call when to drink it.

If you could have only waited until this weekend, would have joined up with you and Yvonne as I’ll be out there in my usual once-or-twice-a-month jaunt up to the valley.
Oh wellllll… Until then, [worship.gif]
-D

In the past, has arrived here late March, early April.

By the picture, the Rosé looks fairly dark, would you describe it more like a light pinot color? Or is it just the way the picture turned out?

The rosé is very dark in colour - almost like a slightly watered down Grenache

Ryan! Can I ask you when you signed up for the list? Congrats!!!

I just received an email saying I’ll make the list if not this mailer, then certainly the next one. I must have signed up mid-late 2006.

Thanks, Poppy.
You’re almost there:) Well, I gotta wait for another 5 yrs then.

I believe I signed up in late 2006.

Thanks,Ryan.