SQN Estate Offering

Anyone have a clue what to expect for shipping to East Coast? $60 or more?

If it helps, shipping to Las Vegas for the estate and the whites was $118… but there is really only one choice, 2-day air, so it may not be that much more than that.

Shipping to NY state for the 6 +3 whites (two day only option) was $118.

Mattias,
How long were you on the list before your were offered the wishlist option for mags?

Are there any reviews of this wine, by anyone?

Any details on the blend for the white?

46%roussanne, 22% chard, 13% petite manseng, 11% viognier, 8% marsanne

Got it in the UK for $2,000 after shipping (ex tax).

I haven’t been following this thread, so I’m not sure which wines you are speaking about, but I opened a bottle of Resiste, the 2013 white, and it is FANTASTIC. Drank it the same night as three bottles of Le Montrachet. I ranked it second out of the four. Expressive nose, amazingly complex palate with a flood of white fruit and a bit of orange fruit, the meaty depth that I can’t do a better job of describing that you get from the best southern Rhones, and a very long finish.

i think joe means the estate (eba) reds
i haven’t seen a review of those yet, except for manfred’s
he seems to like them a lot [cheers.gif]

I think I was offered the opportunity to wishlist mags almost from the time I got on the last, but I’ve never actually gotten them, so I’m not sure what that’s worth.

Both Antonio Galloni and Jeb Dunnuck have said that due to Manfred’s recuperation, the wines were a little behind schedule. So when they were there to taste the wines, the wines weren’t ready for tasting. I think we’ll see notes in the next few months, but not before the ordering deadline.

Manfred posted this on Parker:

First off THANKS TO SO MANY OF YOU for the countless quick orders and lovely notes. They are much appreciated of course.

But my real reason for posting here today is to say that Jeb (and Antonio too for that matter) has not “fallen behind” at all with notes and barrel scores.
Last year when he (and Antonio) was here for the like-clockwork tasting I was not ready to show them our 2013 Grenache - now called FEMALE and the 2013 Syrah ¬- called MALE because my accident had set me back a bit with putting together the final cuvee for these and a bottling schedule. I promised I would send the wines out after they would have their final design and get bottled.
This, for various reasons, took all longer than I had anticipated and the Grenache didn’t get bottled until the middle of November and the Syrah not until December. Naturally I like to have them sit just a little bit before they get poured for the world’s top critics.
So they have not been sent yet, but they most certainly will. Jeb might not be able to stick to his “within a couple of weeks” calendar, but please understand that this is MY ISSUE - MY FAILURE and not his or Antonio’s.
I apologize to everyone for my shortcoming. That’s one of things that happen when you think you have the engine of a Ferrari, but….the chassis of a 56 Buick.

The wines will be tasted for sure and I am confident that notes and scores will be coming.
If I inadvertently disgruntled you, please send the annoyment notes to ME. I am the culprit.

Thank you all very much,
Manfred

annnnnd there it is…

Dear Wine Lover~

There are three absolutely lovely wines we currently have up for sale.
Our delicious 2014 White Wine named “Lightmotif” and the two downright profound Estate wines from the fantastic Eleven Confessions Vineyard ~ namely the “2012 Grenache” “Rattrapante” and the unbelievably great 2012 Syrah “Touché.”

Now……you don’t have the correct zip code, your job isn’t connected enough to the Hollywood machers, your car is wrong, your kids ~ if you have any at all ~ are going to the wrong school, you haven’t nearly waited long enough, you have a first AND a last name and you are not known by a cute, but powerful single-name and so….no, we won’t sell any of these specialties to you.

That is how some meanies think we oddly might go about it, but of course it couldn’t be further from the truth.
Although there is a good dose of hoity-toitiness attached to fine wine, it is….in the end….a life and a job and existence of farming and as such we are largely at the mercy of Mother Nature, but also our own stature and our own decisions and actions.
So please, please, please understand that we abhor writing and sending a note like this more than you might reading it. But we just DO NOT HAVE enough of these beauties to cover the many wonderful, interested people like you. However, we do want you to at least know about them and also know that we certainly have not forgotten about you.
In fact we want to send a deeply felt, from the heart THANK YOU for your continued interest in our juice and for your inspiring and rewarding patience.
Please know we are trying very, very hard to shorten your wait as best as we can, but we have not lost many of our long time customers at all and so a little more calmness and cool head will be necessary.
Thank you so very much for your patience and understanding.

Of course should any of these palate teasers remain available at the end of this current offering cycle, we will offer those to our delightful waiting list customers in chronological order.
We very much hope that this means YOU because we would love to add you to the SQN family roster.
Stick with us and….thanks one more time and may 2016 turn into the loveliest, happiest year ever.

Warmest wishes from….

Elaine & Manfred

P.O. Box 1048, Oak View, CA 93022

Me too. “No soup for you”. Actually I was lucky enough to find someone who shared with me. Still waiting. Still getting postcards/emails. Kind of like Groundhog Day.

Graduated to my first rejection email, that has taken 3-4 years !!

First time offer here as well. Signed up 02/08/07.

A friend is splitting their order with me, but they insist on paying shipping. I’m not going to let them do that. Could someone let me know the approximate cost of shipping to MN (or Chicago) so I can pay them the correct amount? Thanks.

It was $118 to ship to NJ and also note they charged 9.5% sales tax (I assume that’s california).

The issue also is that you cannot split the shipment. The estate offering will come in a wooden crate, vintage specific, so you cannot break out 2 or 3 bottles and have them to a different location. The all in cost will need to include shipping to their location and then shipping to you, unless it is a local pick up