Stand Mixers - help please!

Christine Huang bought this one for breadmaking. It looks pretty badass.

That’s the one that Ooni uses in their videos I think. 11.5 lbs of dough!!! [wow.gif]

I’m pretty sure amazon links don’t work on this site but I was able to get it. How large of batches do you make?

– edit – nevermind, it’s my adblocker…

Tim,

I have never done more than 1kg of flour, but you should be fine with 1.5kg. 2kg might be towards the limit of what it can hold.

Our Artisan is in the attic.
The Pro gets lots of use.

The Ank is TOTALLY BADASS!!! I still have my KitchenAid Pro. Quite honestly, the KA sucks for dough that is more than 1 loaf’s worth or is a stiff dough. I keep the KA around for single loaves and to use the attachments so I don’t have to buy new ones for the Ank. I quite like the pasta roller on it as it frees up both hands.

The Ank handles dough beautifully. There’s a learning curve, but I make 6 loaf batches in it regularly. I even bought an extra bowl so I can have 12 loaves going.

I just got one. For making pizza dough do you use the hook or the roller?

I used the Ank to make pizza dough the other day. It really is amazing and works in a totally different way than a Kitchenaide. It’s actually mimicking the kneading of dough and slapping it on the counter. I also love the variable speed knob and timer.

I use the hook most often as I’m usually making bore than 1 batch of dough. SOmetimes I use the roller for single batches.

If you want to have the ultimate pizza dough mixer, check out the spiral mixers from Famag, which will handle up to 11 lbs of dough, or the similar Sunmix:

No I don’t have one, but I drool over the posts from those that do lol.

1 Like

My kitchenaid has been pissing me off so I bought this cheapo mixer and it arrived yesterday called Joydeem.

It’s a dough mixer where the mixing blade is on the bottom of the bowl. I have high expectations however even though this is significantly less expensive than KA.