Stockholm and Copenhagen

Was checking out the Noma website and there is a list of alumni’s ventures. This one looked interesting. Home - Oaxen (2* michelin)

As does this one. Named #40 best restaurant in the world and relatively inexpensive. http://www.restaurant-relae.dk/en/

Relae is exceptional. You may also want to look at Amass when it comes to Noma alums. Mikkeller is a must for beers as is WarPigs, collaboration between Mikkeller and Three Floyds. For a traditional Danish lunch of smorebord and schnapps you can’t go wrong with Schonnemann.

Consider Geranium. I also recommend http://thestandardcph.dk/en, particularly their modern take on the classic danish “smørrebrød” (open sandwiches). And it’s a really cool building.

If you’re even remotely interested in beer, somebody else here sent me to Akkurat → http://www.akkurat.se/

Vintage beer list is insane. 30 years of Cantillon, if I recall correctly, Westy 12… hell, they even have the Fifty Fifty Eclipse line-up. Just ridiculous. Go there for the pre-party and then have a nice dinner :smiley:

I was in Stockholm and Copenhagen 3 years ago so I’m hoping my info isn’t outdated. In Denmark we really liked Scarpetta for a nice but relatively inexpensive meal with drinks at Gilt beforehand, and if you’re in the neighborhood in Frederiksberg then Forno a Legna is a must stop for killer pizza if you’re in the mood for something casual.

In Stockholm AG is a no brainer. A little tricky to find but great food and service and a heck of a wine list to boot. We also enjoyed Lux so much we ate there two days in a row.

Went to Stockholm and Copenhagen 2 Summers ago. Liked both, but preferred Stockholm. Train between both cities was a good way to travel. For restaurants, liked Formel B in Copenhagen and Matbaren and Wendhom Fiske in Stockholm. Several friends loved Fiskebar, casual seafood bar/restaurant in Copenhagen. It was fun, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as others.

Does it really matter which side of Copenhagne Central Station I stay on?

plan on being within 1 mile regardless of side

We liked Amass and Relae very much, as well as Kadeau on Bornhom (you have to take a small plane to get there). There is another outpost of Kadeau in town, I believe. We did not like Geranium at all, neither the two of us or the two serious restaurant people we were traveling with. Great tacos can be found in the market.

thanks Sarah. Amass and Relae are definitely on the list.

No not really. Vesterbro ( west of the station) is a bit rough however, but it is fine to stay on either side.

can you buy wine to go from copenhagen restaurants?

Was just in Stockholm for business so no food recs. But the Vasa museum is absolutely fascinating. A 98% intact ship from 1628.

Any new suggestions for Copenhagen? I need a place for dinner on Tuesday night.

We’re headed to Copenhagen this spring, so I’m anxious to read about restaurants and Airbnb’s.

Just got in to Noma in August… we will see how it goes.

George

Been living in Stockholm the last 3.5 years…shoot me a message if you want to chat

Andrew - Where to stay? Booked in to the Grand Hotel. Any opinions on Frantzén?

George

George, my wife and I dined at Frantzen summer of 2016 right before they were closing to move to their new space. One of my all time top gustatory experiences; I didn’t realize they were recently awarded a third star. I would say it’s a must.

Frantzen is definitely the big star in stockholm right now. Should also try and get a reservation at Punk Royale…it’s a “unique” experience but he food is every bit as good as anywhere else in Sweden. As a bonus, it’s right around the corner from the best wine bar in Stockholm (in my opinion at least): Folii

This^