Storing Krug Bottles?

Kind of awkward but stable…until I pull out a bottle and then its like playing Jenga. It works better to intersperse the Krug bottles with others.

You can do 4” tubes for Krug as well. I use those in my le cache

If you have bins that are deep enough to head-to-tail bottles it works pretty well. That’s how they are able to stack bottles “sur pile” in the cellars of the Maison.

Alternatively, one should just drink exclusively '70s and earlier Krug, before the introduction of the new bottle shape. champagne.gif

hope you don’t live in California. One little quake and you are swimming in Krug.

Buzz always has the correct answer, but I’m saying that purely out of jealousy!

party at Buzz’ place—Krugathon, but I do see those 2 Dom 08 mags also!

Mine isn’t as pretty, just big stacks of 12 btl lay flat boxes in. corner of the cellar.

I wish I had Krug storage problems. But yeah, square boxes ftw.

Holy sh*tfire Buzzini. Nothing like seeing other collections to make you feel modest about your own.

I also have a variety of sized bins, but didn’t size for Krug.

55F2EA85-6B97-4AE3-B694-CEB74C4F515F.jpeg
For home storage, I had a couple of custom drawers built.

Love that idea.

After probably 15 years of lurking, maybe I finally have something worth posting. :slight_smile:

I store bottles like Krug by buying PVC pipe that is just barely bigger than the bottle width, cutting them into lengths that match the depth of my bins, and putting them into the bin like so. They fit sufficiently tightly in the bin that they don’t wobble, and thus the bottles don’t wobble either.

Welcome Jim, always nice to see lurkers convert

1 Like

Indeed!

I can’t afford Krug, but my guess is that you probably have a lot more to contribute if you’ve been drinking wine and watching online for more than 15 years. The more people who contribute here, the better [cheers.gif] !

1 Like

So does that mean drinking them two at a time? champagne.gif champagne.gif