Suckling Takes Self-Indulgent to a Whole New Level

Perhaps they could lower the price if they didn’t make their workers put the thing in the bag/box like they were handling a nuclear bomb.

Love me some Ferragamo, but this is ridiculous. The stems look like my grandmother’s Waterford and I wonder how much utility a 4 glass wine briefcase is to someone who isn’t a traveling wine critic. I understand bringing stems to the occasional restaurant b/c you know they serve wine in mason jars, but I can’t imagine doing it so often that this setup makes any sense, no matter who is writing the check. But I’m sure I have something laying around in my house that cost $7k that someone thinks is insane too - so mea culpa to anyone who digs this.

Bruce - good point on the 1st Growths. Their inclusion was just bizarre.

My previous comments aside, you bet your ass I’ll be watching James Suckling Youtube videos all night. He is 100% pure unintentional comedy.

He’s a gigantic douche.

And why the F did he thank the 1st growths? What did they have to do with it? rolleyes

Accd’g to the LA Times link that Corey included “Order the “100 Points” briefcase in black lined with red or in a special all-black edition, limited to 100 pieces, which includes two black-stemmed “100 Points” glasses and two 100-point bottles of First Growth Bordeaux.

You mean th-th-th-this is exciting. :wink:

do the glasses make the wine taste more better?

I actually enjoyed the video. Interesting to see the craftsmanship, particularly with the glass. I also thought the glasses themselves were beautiful. Nice music too. I think the 100 point thing is silly and it’s certainly a product with a limited market, but it’s still worth watching the video.

Whatever we think about James Suckling…ranging from Heroic Wine Critic to Horse’s A$$…one has to marvel at the superb craftsmanship of Salvatore Ferragamo and Lalique, and the marvellous quality they produced for the Lalique 100 set.

Hank [cheers.gif]

image.jpg

I don’t know, but he’s got his daughter singin’, Lalique makin’ stems, Salvatore Ferragamo craftin’ bags, top Chateaux sendin’ bottles. He’s doin’ while some are busy booin’.

Best,

Kenney

And that is one way to look at it for sure…

Uhhhhh…Clint…you can drop-kick a nuclear bomb 50 yards…and nuthin’s gonna happen. Other than some serious damage to your foot.
Take my word on that one.
Tom

This is everything that is wrong with wine.

Right. But even legends aren’t perfect :wink:

The Yin to the Oak Bottle Yang.

Interesting you should bring up the idea of perfection…

I’m a Horses A$$ on that

He’s a blowhard.

That video was worth watching just for his daughter’s singing. I forgot how lovely her voice has become and, yes, she’s just a wee one still for professional vocalists.

Has anyone ever seen philip seymour Hoffman and James suckling together in the same room? Just curious…