Suggestions for a wedding rosé

Red Car’s rosé is SO good.

I’m a huge fan of rose from Bandol and you can find many around $20. However for a wedding with that many people I think you should go with a proud pleaser and something recognizable. I’d pick the Chateau Miraval. Beautiful bottle, has celebrity status and recognition appeal and the juice is actually really good. $22 a bottle online. The bottle just beats out most sitting on a table - it would be great for a wedding.

Haven’t had it in a few vintages, but Cataldi Madonna rosato (from Montepulciano) used to be delicious for around $15.

Bastianich rose, if you can find it locally, should be a good fit for the price.

There are also a few California producers you could probably buy in quantity from directly for your price point, I would think.

Another is Villa Wolf Pinot Noir (rosé) 2015 (from the Pfalz, Germany). This is a crowd-pleaser, drinks well, and you can get it for < $15.

For reasons that I don’t understand, grapes like Poulsard drop their coloring after a few years, and become translucent.

The best “Rose” I ever had was a chilled Puffeney Poulsard M with about eight years of bottle age on it [even though it had started its life as a deep dark almost Parkerized monster of a red wine].

My guess is that the same thing might happen with grapes like Pineau d’Aunis or Gamay, so I’d be looking at wines like the following:

2007 Puffeney Poulsard, $25
http://docwineshop.com/catalog/products-page/wine/jacques-puffeney-poulsard/

2013 Puzelat Tesniere Pineau d’Aunis, $30
http://www.heritagebeverlyhills.com/collections/wine-red/products/puzelat-bonhomme-touraine-la-tesniere-2012

2011 Clos de la Roillette, Gamay $18.99
New York Wine Warehouse: 2011 FLEURIE

Those are the oldest vintages of each that I could find on Free Wine-Searcher.

Whatever you buy, I wouldn’t get 4-5 cases of it for a “morning wedding for 120 people with prosecco, mimosas, beer and Bloody Mary’s”. That’s 1/2 bottle per person before the other drinks are factored in. Two cases, maybe three at the outside, is plenty.

I agree.

We went with 2 cases of Joseph Mellot - Sincerite Pinot noir Rose for 140 people ish - it was a big hit with the mixed wine experience crowd (ran out and we should have had three ) and not a big hit on our wallets ( granted got at near wholesale )

Thanks Merrill. Danny! I’ll hook you up! I would be honored if Virage Rosé were served at your wedding :slight_smile:
Even with the massive BerserkerDay orders, we’ve got 4-5 cases for you no problem.

PM me the location–just making sure I can ship–and we’ll take it from there. Obviously, I’m partial, but I think dry rosé is the perfect brunch wine and perfect wedding wine and… so… you’re a double bull’s eye…

Cheers!! Sorry so slow to respond - had insane storm damage, been offline