Suggestions for half bottles of cab and why arent there more

Ridge offers their Estate Cab in 375’s every vintage, I think - we usually have some on hand in case the 750ml bottle we open doesn’t meet Jen’s standards - it’s a great ‘backup’ we can count on

I do this one better. I buy borosilicate glass volumetric flasks with ground glass stoppers. My favorite is to funnel into two 250ml flasks until no air is present. I then consume the remaining 250 ml( could be a little less because of sediment). The 250ml is two four ounce glasses which is a great pour for a weeknight. I can’t stand to waste wine but I don’t want to be impaired either. I have given flasks and a funnel to friends as gifts. If you want to only keep one bottle open at a time all you need is two flasks to get started. Later on you can add more to keep more than one bottle open and pair wine better with what you are eating. I have other sized flasks but the 250ml has become my normal routine.

How long can that half bottle last if refrigerated? I have a bunch of 375ml bottles with flip tops I use for when I make lemoncello.

I have that same issue with magnums.

Nice, I never noticed the Estate 375’s. I wonder if I can get 6 375 Estates instead of 3 750’s for my annual Monte Bello futures requirement…

Round Pond

All my bottles are screen-printed. There is a photography charge, essentially, for each size. Then a per bottle printing charge. Half bottles make that very ineffective for EMH, cost-wise.

I have been doing this for years and it works very well. If the wine is young, it will generally keep very well for several weeks. Sometimes it even opens up and improves. It’s riskier with older wines, where some oxidation may show after a few days. (There are a number of threads on this.)