Suggestions for NYC

We may not leave…12-16 inches… and ice!

We are seeing Come From Away tonight and Dear Evan Hansen tomorrow st the 2 pm matinee. Maybe there will be opportunities with the weather?

Going to try to get down to Century 21 this morning and Macy’s today before the storm hits to look for Nolita’s prom dress!

Tomorrow and Thursday evenings are possibilities!!!

Unfortunately tomorrow is now looking like a night to hunker in and not go anywhere. The weather predictions keep getting worse. At 5-8 inches I didn’t see a problem. At 12-16" I’d rather not venture into the city.

Shall I start a thread for Thursday and send out some emails? A few options:

Peking Duck House - not the best but good and convenient and quieter than most. $10 corkage
Pings - I personally prefer the Peking Duck here and there are other wine friendly options $10 corkage
Bite of Hong Kong - great squab, other food is also excellent.
Wu’s Wonton - great live king crab (done 3 ways) most other food is also excellent
North End Grill - non tipping restaurant, $25 corkage, wine friendly. The duck is very good.
Cafe Loup - $15 corkage. Good basic bistro food. Salade Lyonnaise, hanger steak, hasn’t changed in the last 20 years. I almost never think of it but always enjoy it.
Maison Kayser - the bakery chain from Paris has decent casual dinner food and no corkage. Boeuf bourguignon and salmon rillettes are some of the best options but the real high point is the bread. All in cost is usually $40.

You picked two of the best shows to see! Especially Evan Hansen — she will love that one. Have fun.

Hi Nola - if you’d like a dinner tomorrow let me know asap so we can start a thread on the Offline board and gather attendees. If it’s too rushed for you that’s fine too.

Nola, FWIW if you can squeeze in dinner with Jay, you’re in for a treat. He’s a lovely man and the rest of the NYC is aces too.

Hey Jay and everyone weathering the weather in NYC. 7pm Peking Duck House??
If someone can call ahead and manage… our show is starting so phone is shutting down.

You will be able to get tickets for any show you want I think.

We were snowed in while visiting 12 years ago and it was amazing. Walking down the middle of 5th avenue in two feet of snow, I forgot what we saw, but it was something that was normally unobtainable. If you want to see Hamilton, this might be the night to try.

Hi Nola, I’m in the city and have a note out to Jay around coordination. We’ll get something set up.

I second Jay’s preference for the duck at Ping’s Seafood in Chinatown, and think it’s worth the corkage. Will check with him and get a thread going in the offline forum.

–Derek

Hi Derek, Nola - Sorry, I’ve been busy at work the last few hours and only just saw this. I don’t know if I can make it tonight, will know better in an hour or two so why don’t you go ahead and take charge. I’m fine with any location,

I’ll reply to your PM as well.

You simply cannot make a bad choice in NYC. Explore and wonder around :slight_smile:

A recent evening to cherish fondly.

I will cherish it for the rest of my life. Thank you all for bearing the snowstorm and meeting up…