Summer 2014 rose help

Tavel-Mordoree
Commanderie de Peyrasol
Rose D’Anjou-can’t remember the label but whole foods had one for $9 that was great
Chinon Rose
Liquid Farm
Le P’tit Paysan
Tercero

Another plus for the Charles and Charles, but my favorite this year is the Ametzoi Rubentis.

I second that one in particular.

A case buy for me every year. Sometimes they are a bit shrill early, but the 2013 is good out of the gate.

Look forward to sharing Chris. Our 2013 Campesino Rose is a tasty treat of Grenache and Syrah…

I recently tasted the Grenache Gris Rose that Two Shepards has and it was tasty. I also enjoyed Liquid Farms Rose this year.

Any Baudry in the bay area? I haven’t seen any yet.

+1. It’s the best, particularly in vintages like 2012 (I just picked up a couple more, before they’re completely gone in the market). Lagier Meredith makes a beautiful Rose, mostly Syrah, with 30% Mondeuse and Malbec (I think I have that right).

If I lived in the Chicago area, I would clean out the store on WS that has the 2012 Pradeaux bandol rose for $24 per bottle. Great wine, great vintage, great price.

22 bottles left

zero affiliation, etc, etc.

I like the Scherrer. I also enjoy those from Chinon, Sancerre, Tavel, some from Provence and the Muga rose’ from Spain. Macarthur’s Beverages (Bassin’s) in DC has a wide selection including many of those already named and some from Greece, Spain, Germany and various French regions. I have some Schafer Frohlich rose’ coming but if it doesn’t arrive until summer I may have to delay shipment until October.
Two of my favorites from last year:
2011 REVOIRE & FILS BANDOL LE PONT, Bandol France
2011 CAVE DE SAUMUR CABERNET RESERVE LES VIGNERONS, Loire Valley, France (from Cabernet Franc)

I have the 2013 of this ready and waiting.

Completely agree with the Charles & Charles love. If there is another domestic rose for $~12 that provides that level of enjoyment, I haven’t found it.

Domestic choices for us are Sinskey Vin Gris and, although I haven’t tried it yet, we bought Littorai Vin Gris last month at the winery.

We drank a lot of Rose last year, one of the best of which was Raffault Chinon Rose. Just bought the first bottle of the year last weekend and plan on trying it tomorrow.

L’Aventure makes an amazing rosé.

I’m a fan of the Muga rose, too! Perfect for hot, humid summer days. (Las year, I was able to pick some up at my local wine bar, which often overcharges, for $13/bottle.)

Such a fan…and cheap as chips.

Southern France Rose for me. Tavel in the Rhone. Provence. And Bandol. Every domestic I have tried to date has been too sweet in comparison. This past weekend I took a chance and tried one from a US producer called Jelly Jar and it tasted like watermelon.

The name wasn’t enough of a hint?

Samsara Rose of Grenache

That was my first thought, too.

2013 Copain Tous Ensemble seemed pretty tasty to me.