Super Bowl "epicurean" must-haves???

Philadelphia Cheesesteaks and New England Clam Chowder

One whiz wit

Central Grocery Muffaletta and beef tamales
1999 Spottswoode Estate in MAG
2004 Lopez de Heredia “Vina Tondonia" Reserva

Always an awesome party! We usually bring Fresno State and Lockeford sausages but Mary wanted some veggies this time! Will be adding a tomato and zucchini gratin from a Chez Panisse cookbook! Heard a rumor that a couple of our Philadelphia Ex-Pats (pun intended) are making cheese steaks. Who know what else may show up at the Gonzales household? grouphug grouphug

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Which wines pairs with the Pigs in a Blanket? The SQN? neener

Adobo Grill here in Chicago is offering a deal on guacamole. They are selling orders half-off on to-go orders for the game. I’m going to let them do the work this year.

Otherwise, we’re making chili.

Jay, if you are making the pigs in a blanket, I suggest boiling the hot dogs for just a couple of minutes . They plump up and are less greasy-so the blanket (I use crescent rolls) adheres better. And just taste better.

And enjoy your right way wings.

This.

John - could always swap out the Langers for Wexlers…

:astonished:

You had me a “collards”

Or you could make more of that A5 “Saul’s pastrami”. I still remember how delicious that was.
Langer’s is tradition. I think we’ve had if for at least a dozen straight Superbowls. The pastrami tradition goes back 25 years , starting with a Pali sandwich from Mort’s deli (RIP) in the Palisades. Since we’re getting the whole pig, my wife tried to bump out the Langer’s and I was having none if that. Rumor has it that Philly-fan is bringing some cheesesteaks.

Salsa
Guacamole
Real Tortilla chips

It’s just a football game.

My Wife bought me a bag of potatoes for potato skins (old school fave) plus I have some hot links on the ready if necessary.

[quote="Brian Tuite?”]

It’s just a football game.
.[/quote]

Burn him! He’s a communist!

Just a football game?!?!

Oh no my friend.
It’s an annual event at my house.

Smoked gouda chorizo jalapeño poppers.

Great game, with friends, wine, and too much food to match.
The Philly cheesesteaks beat the lobster mac’n’cheese.
This guy put the pigskin in play
855F9ED8-F21A-481B-B523-361DF3D10C0E.jpeg

The Wings
FFB67DF2-63BD-43A6-8B48-A54838CEEE19.jpeg
The Ribs
FE7F99F0-7CA7-4533-9A6A-5F5BA733AA81.jpeg
798AFE22-6C9D-4CE9-968A-3D7F887D4679.jpeg

That’s one pretty pig

Filipino (I’m half) lechon. The skin is crispy. I might have softened it a little by tenting it in foil for the hour between delivery and gametime unveiling. But it was tasty. Lots of pig to go as 38 of us only ate 60% of it. There’s always too much food around here.

[thankyou.gif] Been nibbling on my “doggie bag” for the last few days! We crisp up the skin for a couple of minutes…delicious!

Cheers!
Marshall grouphug

Time for paksiw?