Taittinger Comtes 2006 has five bottles in a sealed six pack

Comte is the French, Catalan and Occitan form of the word ‘count’

Name does not check out.

Plural of Comte is Comtes. Even if there are only five of them

Did you ship from the UK to the US? I once ordered a case of gin from a London purveyor and when it arrived it was missing one. It had clearly been opened and re-taped, presumably to take the missing bottle. Not sure if it had to go through Customs or a third party shipper, but my guess it was one of those two who walked away with a nice bottle of gin.

True story. In the early nineties, a friend drove to Toronto to buy Petrus from the LCBO which at the time was less than half of what it was fetching in NY. He ended up with around ten cases of it from various outlets.

As he was going back he stopped at customs. The officer looked at the cases, asked how much the wines were worth. “Around $20 a bottle”

“Ah Petrus is going cheap nowadays”.

Cost him a case, but the guy wasn’t that greedy, and he was able to keep the others.

Any serious UK warehouse (ie LCB or Octavian) will check cases when they arrive to verify what’s in the paperwork matches what’s in the box.

Called my supplier who promised a replacement bottle.

Seems like the least they could do.

About 20yrs ago I was helping a family friend sell a bunch of high line wine. I was carrying about the 7th DRC assortment case to my car and for some reason it felt fractionally light. I gave it a shook and nothing rattled around. I went and picked up another case to compare and it still felt just light.

I asked him if we could open it (it was nailed and steel banded) he thought I was crazy, so I called the buyer and asked his permission. He said yes, we opened it and there was one btl of Echezeaux missing. I would say it was a packing error. If someone was going steal a btl it wouldn’t be the echezeaux.

Glad I noticed it, otherwise I would’ve ended up in a really awkward spot.

Of course in hindsight I should have bought all of the DRC myself.

The cases should be opened for applying strip labels if nothing else.

They are which seems to be where the breakdown occurred. We have all the packing numbers etc, and passed it back to the vendor, and they will decide how hard they want to go.