Tasting group in denver/boulder

Special thanks to Jonathan and Mandy for inviting Lisa and I over today. It was great to meet Mel, Heather, and Max as well. Great people, great food, and many good wines. We’ll need to get together again soon.

2 Likes

Super fun party! Thanks for hosting! But now I’ve got to buy my wife the 2012 Dom P. She’s found her favorite champagne champagne.gif

So, thanks for that Dan [berserker.gif]

2 Likes

That was a great night, thanks again Jonathan and Mandy. The food was wonderful - have to stay away from those cheese straws, they’re deadly good. I don’t think I tried a bottle I didn’t like. Mel Hill D Zurcher Jdbramm would you guys mind posting what your bottles were? I remember all of them, except the vintages.

1 Like

Sounds like a fun night, I hope we can make the next one.

Mel, we opened a DP '12 this weekend for my FIL’s 90th birthday, it was excellent. BTW, Costco Riverfront has it for $195, pretty decent price.

1 Like

We opened:

2006 Rhys Alpine Chardonnay
2012 Dom Perignon

Thanks everybody, had a great time! Can’t wait to do it again. Max, please send me a pic of that ‘76 Riesling…I didn’t get one somehow. It was truly delicious, never had anything quite like that.
2008 R & L Legras Saint-Vincent
NV Billecart-Salmon Sous Bois
2018 Dom Clos de la Chapelle Corton-Charlemagne
2019 Goodfellow Pinot Gris
2008 Hetszölo Tokaji 5 Puttonyos
2018 Mongeard-Mugneret Fixin
champagne.gif

1 Like

Jonathan - texted you. Sadly looks like they’re out of those at Denver Wine Merchant. They’ve got some older riesling, mostly kabinetts from 1966-1970, but doubt those will hit the same highs.

2016 Raul Perez Ultreia La Claudina
1976 Rudolph Muller Trittenheimer Apotheke Beerenauslese

1 Like

Sounds like a good time. Hoping to get to the next one.

I just saw this thread. I will subscribe so I can keep informed for the future, thanks.

I don’t frequent Total wine too often but picked up a concierge order last week at the Centennial location (2019 Ornellaia) and saw the 2012 DP for $205. Not the best, but $20 better than the local shops I frequent.

Looking at times in September for another round…stay tuned.

Well it looks like September won’t happen, but what about Saturday October 22nd? Any interest in getting together ?

Should be around then barring no issues from international trip the first 2 weeks in oct. Im interested.

Bumping this old thread - I’m up in the mountains but down to Denver on a weekly basis. Happy to host or attend sometime.