testing the govino glassware

Bc they warp and ruin them.

We have a set for pool/hot tub/camping purposes. They work ok and are way better than solo cup or the camping lean type where the base and stem unscrew to snap on the top. They even work well for bubbles or whiskey/scotch/brandy. We run them thru the dishwasher when we get home we just set it to air dry, pull them out when it gets to that part of the cycle or we remember and set it to dry the rest of the stuff.

We used Riedel “Gourmet” glasses (bought when you could get a pack of ten for $35, versus the current $25 for a pair pricing) for twice yearly family reunion camping trips for about 20 years. Of course, I’d always take about 30 on the trip and return with maybe 27 or 28.

Bought a few dozen govino’s a few years ago and everyone has been happy with the results. Worst outcome was one set too close to the fire.

Dishwasher? What’s the matter, you guys all single?

My problem with them is that if it is windy, and it’s often windy in Hawaii, that’s why they call them tradewinds, Govinos will move around or spill unless you have a hefty amount of liquid in them.

I think that they are great. Whenever we go to the beach or on vacation I throw a 4 pack in the car. Super convenient.

Count me as a fan. Great for camping, pools, tailgating, ect.

Umm…easy solution! :slight_smile:

Anyway, I like them for casual event, especially when there is lots going on and little space.

We have been using ours more and more especially with a active toddler around and lots of outdoor night time chores/projects on the farm. We even decided to ship a pair to each club member with their spring shipments for outdoor spring/summer sipping.

I have learned to never let the kids use glassware we let them drink wine from their sippy cups [basic-smile.gif]

I got some acrylic “Riedel O” style tumblers from costco a year or two back. Would much rather use these.