The Best Wine Shop Ever - Wine Watch in Ft Lauderdale...

This is my local wine shop for the last 30 years. Yes everything you read is true.
Brown bag Saturdays are a lot of fun. They start around 4:00pm. Bring a bottle for everyone to get a small pour. Usually you start with 1 hint. Single varietal or blend. The exercise is very humbling.

Andrew is extremely knowledgeable and well known around the world.

He has once in a lifetime tastings year round.
Check his web site for dates. For the wines he serves they are a bargain.

Yes they do ship.

My opinion…K&L.
They do it all…sell, buy, auction. They’re also direct importers, do multiple tastings per week, and have a huge selection with fabulous prices.
Does Wine Watch do more?

Love those guys, fun place and great supporters.

Disclaimer: really? They hustle my juice.

uh, well… have you looked at your face lately?

I live in Boca Raton so I frequent The Wine Wave often as it is a nice shop nearby. Sounds like I’ll definitely have to seek this spot out next time I’m in Broward

Wine Wave is a great store as well. Extremely nice owners, one of whom is a veteran.

The main differences are that Wine Watch’e inventory dwarfs Wine Wave, Wine Watch has a large number of incredible tastings, Wine Watch has a major focus on vintage wines, and Wine Watch has the wine bar that opened last year.

It’s really great to have access to both stores though, as while their inventory does overlap at times for receipt vintages, there are wines unique to each store.

I highly recommend both stores. Thankfully each has their inventory on their respective websites. Note that as I mentioned above that if Wine Watch says it has 1-2 bottles of a particular wine, it could mean it actually has zero. That’s happened a few times to me, most notably with a Cayuse Impulsivo. Also note that Wine Watch has a second storage location so not all of the inventory is on site. Call and confirm the bottle you’re looking for is in store before you go. Otherwise, they can get it for you within a few days.

They ship

Eh to me. Couldn’t have been more disinterested and I went out of my way and was primed to buy. Plus the bottles that I bought had WineBid labels on them.

Great selection however.

Love this store…have been flying into FLL on my way to visit family in Boca Usually stop at Wine Watch on my way from the airport with the family in the car. The guys there know that I have a ten minute grace period to grab 7-10 bottles while my family waits in the car. They all laugh when I run in and scramble to find bottles.

I live in Boca but head down there at least twice/month, usually for the brown bag tastings (BB) which are a lot of fun & very humbling. There is also a happy hour (HH) after work every Friday, where everyone brings at least 1 good bottle. Great & eclectic group of regulars, a number of whom have become good friends. Andy & wife Toni (the chef) are wonderful & very welcoming. If you have not been there, I highly recommend it (& come say hello & try to guess my wine!)

Joel only brings the great bottles!

As does Ken! Where you been? We’ll be there this Sat & would love to see you!

Traveling now.
In Prague then Budapest Krakow Amsterdam then home June 3.
See you then. Enjoy!

ummm… did anyone else get the email about this Grand Cru Monopole tasting???

Almost makes it worth the Allegiant flight down to Ft Lauderdale

How 'bout next Sat, the 9th?
We’re in Delray (part timers).

Hell, it made me think of flying in from NorCal!