The Center Of Your Wine Universe?

Top shelf thread drift, sir. You’re going to fit right in here!

I am heavy into a Rioja phase currently. Can’t get enough of it. We’ll see how long this lasts though; I’ll let you know in a couple weeks.

Lol, I was browsing at K&L today and I grabbed a 2014 Melville Syrah. Had to slowly put it back down and go find some Etna Rosso and NZ Pinot Noir that I’ve been meaning to try.

Spain > old school Rioja > LdH. And if Rioja is the Earth, then the Loire is the moon.

Chablis first
Rioja second

Red Burgundy
Red Bordeaux
Piedmont
German Riesling

Depends on who is drinking and what food is being served.

Brodie

Pomerol.

I’m still cruising the universe, explorer style. When I’m done exploring, I will likely come back to:

Champagne
Alsace
Sonoma Chardonnay
Napa cabernet

2 stories down? Is your cellar an extra deep nuclear fallout shelter? That’s pretty nice!

France- Burgundy, Bordeaux, Beaujolais, Champagne, Northern Rhone, Loire, Languedoc

Burgundy - both for reds and whites.

The steep terraced slopes of Cote Rotie.

St. Julien

Mine wine world centered around California for ages, though I always loved Northern Rhone syrah. Then Piedmont spun my world upside down, inside out. Now it all orbits around Piedmont, with Northern Rhone still at the top, enjoying Burgundy more but not quite there, and still enjoying California, but not quite like I used to.

The center of my wine universe is still moving around. Probably too many Napa reds in my cellar, but love to explore new places depending on my mood, what I am cooking and the time of the year. Had previously been mostly focused on reds, but this summer was mostly whites with lot’s of dry rieslings, sauvignon blanc and chenin blanc from Loire and South Africa.

Maybe I will eventually settle down - but for now a lot of different focus areas and enjoying the exploration.

Earth.

Aged, and very aged, French wine, is where I get My greatest pleasures, -and disappointments.
Some gamble involved yes, but when it plays well, -it somehow makes Me forget some of the many dead bottles, I’ve also had in the past.
I also drink “fresher” wine of course, and it can be really nice, but the aged good stuff… flirtysmile

-Soren.

My heart is with Bordeaux and Piedmont, so the center of my wine universe is somewhere in the Lozère department of south-central France.

The Loire. Who cares about Beaune?! [cheers.gif]

Start to now: California to Bordeaux to Rhone to Burgundy.