The Generosity of Berserkers

I know Howard’s wish, maybe not resolution, is to have DRC RC which is the one grand cru he hasn’t had.

1 Like

Enjoy Brian…I’m sure you will pay it forward and put your new knowledge to good use. I learned early on in my “wine career/hobby” that sharing is second nature for most serious “winos”. No-one ever spends serious bucks on a wine to suck down alone. At least half of the experience blossoms when we share a bottle with others.

Great story Brian. I’d be inclined to beleive Steve that no one spends serious bucks to suck down a wine alone until I sucked down a 95 Comtes alone Friday night and had an ephiphany

What is enjoying wine if not among the company of friends, new and old?

I’ve found much less joy in drinking wine over the last ten months because I haven’t been able to taste with friends and make new ones. The Zoom sessions were okay but fell off after a few.

Awesome story and look forward to hearing your thoughts. I’m intrigued by Riesling but never moved past those that are available locally at retail.

1 Like

Ha! I immediately thought the same thing!

Awesome story Brian - definitley put a smile on my face (and I’m sure yours :wink:

Thanks for sharing!

Although David never sent me any bottles (WTF?) I can say he is responsible for my interest in Riesling and my multicase purchases of '01s (back in the WLDG days of yore). Thank you David!

Wonderful story and I agree with sentiments expressed.

I’ve heard B-21 has a nice selection. [snort.gif]

I hope he won’t mind me saying so, but in a thread about Burgundy books I mentioned something about Jasper Morris’ Inside Burgundy being unavailable here and Tony Gigante just up and PMd me for my address and sent it to me, shipping paid, and just asked that I pass it on when I’m finished with it (which I will do!). It was totally unnecessary and incredibly kind.