The Riesling Report - announcing a wicked little hobby project

So…I realise some passion is needed to fuel this endeavour. First drove 680 km this morning to the very southern tip of Sweden to catch the ferry to Germany. 10 hours later I’m on German soil and now some 600 km of driving left for tomorrow’s appointment at Horst Sauer in Franken. Let the madness begin…

9A8C871E-F872-4A50-9521-3650B08EBE83.jpeg
No need for filters… It actually looked like this. :slight_smile:

Exciting times, can’t wait for the reports and pictures. Best of luck and travel safely.

So…what started as 0 km on the dash board is no longer zero kilometers. The Grand European Tour for The Riesling Report has now surpassed 4000 kilometers and so far gone to Franken, Rheinhessen, Rheingau, Nahe, Mosel, Champagne and now Switzerland to pick up som bottles for a very, very special dinner at the next destination: Barolo. Stay tuned… :sunglasses:

But before anything else…this tour would be absolutely nothing if it weren’t for the incredibly warm-hearted help by winemakers who hopefully see the passion behind this project. So no trip like this without the help from people like Daniel, Sandra, Philipp, Peter, Caroline, Armin, Sylvain, Sebastian, Klaus-Peter, Matthias, Florian, Egon, Rolf, Alfred, Thomas, Theo, Willi, Christoph, Andrea, Erni, Johannes, Ulli, Aurelien. So many people, so many stories, so much passion. I’m in debt over my ears and in my soul. Many thanks. :heart:

6DA7DDA9-C353-4D90-BF06-3BA28FF1DD88.jpeg
And for those of you wondering about the 2019 vintage. No, it’s not the best vintage in a century but it might be one of the better vintages I’ve had the privilege to taste in quite some time. You notice the touch of elegance combined with the crystalline and clear-cut minerality in estate after estate. Simply put, it seems to be a brilliant vintage.

So cool what you are doing, Miran.

Wow! You are going 100 mph! That’s amazing Miran. This is great to follow your adventures.

What a fabulous undertaking - I am looking forward to your reports. Are you a photographer as well? Will you be including pictures of vineyards, cellars, vignerons, etc.?

In my case it’s because of the bottle shape. Love the wines, but storing them…