the stigma of cali 2011's-sine qua non excluded

Well, we all know that no region south of Napa is taken that seriously en masse, right?!? [swearing.gif] [soap.gif] [snort.gif] neener

Agreed

GREAT! More for me!

I watch one more COVID webinar I’m corkscrewing out one of my eyeballs.

11 Paderewski and Hangers tonight.

I too have been enjoying 2011 California, so many attractive wines from all over the state. Sure, many reflections of the cool(ish) season but not a disaster by any means. I think my biggest disappointments (possibly reflecting the critics?) were the high end Cali cabs which live and die on a huge, rich, full-throttle profile.

Question for the ITB folks - do you think that the lift from the reputation of the top region near you outweighs the penalty you get when that same region has a weak year? E.g. has the influence that Napa has had on interest in California wine helped, say, Paso Robles? Incredibly far apart, and ridiculous to be tarred with the same brush, but I’m sure when Napa gets a cold Paso gets the sniffles, too. But where would Paso be without Napa?

I still have 2011 EMH Black Cat available. What price would get folks interested? As Glen Said, it’s very good, just suffered from the stigma of 2011s in general. I ship all wines to include shipping costs these days.

+1 on 2011 Jean Edwards… Loved that stuff so much I think I got like 3 cases of the 74-41. None of it left, sadly.

What was the release price?

It was released in 2013 at $60/bottle to the mailing list. Plus tax and shipping. Typically I offer at one price and then move to a higher price after a week or so - this probably went to $75 shortly thereafter.