The 'Welcome New BerserkerBusiness members' thread

PA opened up a few years ago for wineries who obtain a license.

Good to hear

How great to see so many new Berserker Businesses!

Welcome back Adam Lee and hello new BB’s Sam Coturri, Noah Dorrance and Robert Dentice who sure looks familiar.

It would be great if you told us a bit about your businesses!

Another ‘welcome back’ is Greg Kramer of VDLT wines

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6667

Welcome new BerserkerBusiness member Michael Baryla of Tekstura wine, with their first vintage ‘coming soon-ish’, as per his signature :slight_smile:

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=35394

1 Like

Greg and Michael - would love to hear from you too! Tell us more about your wines?

Sure thing but not much to tell yet.
I purchased the Redford-Wetle vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills this year. It was planted in 2006 and has been organic since planting. On the property we have Pinot Noir, Gamay, Sauvignon Blanc, and Albarino.
Historically Myron sold the fruit to such producers as Division, Evening Lands, etc.
I hired Jared Etzel (Domaine Roy, Coattails) to be my winemaker and this will be our inaugural vintage.
Jared, and his father Mike Etzel (Beaux Freres, Sequitur) have a great pedigree and are known to really let the terroir shine.

My wine will be made at Mike’s brand new Sequitur facility. Fermentation in concrete, then aged in neutral oak. Thats what we know so far

3 Likes

That’s very exciting Michael - and sounds like a great pedigree all around. It will be great to follow your work here - please keep us all updated!

So cool. Looking forward to meeting you when you’re in the Valley, Michael! Cortell-Rose, the main vineyard I work with, is right up the hill (thinking about purchasing the “Rose” portion so looking forward to your advice and experience on this).

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve got a couple new projects (actually lots of new projects but only a couple announced thus far). Clarice Wine Company is my own small winery from the Santa Lucia Highlands - Garys’ and Rosella’s Vineyards to be specific. Lots of whole cluster, picked a bit earlier, no additions other than sulfur (thus far in 3 vintages). – Then Beau Marchais Winery - a joint venture with French vintner Philippe Cambie. It’s his first ever Pinot Noir - made much like he makes his wines in Chateauneuf-du-Pape. The grapes come from the Soberanes Vineyard in the Santa Lucia Highlands and the Clos Pepe Vineyard in the Sta. Rita Hills. Very different than Clarice.

Adam Lee
Clarice Wine Company
Beau Marchais Winery

1 Like

The VDLT Community is an online retailer. We are a mission-driven business striving to unite wine lovers with small, artisanal and outstanding wine producers in Europe. We have close relationships (often friendships) with the winemakers, most of whom care more about what’s in the bottle than what’s in the bank. Our Community is connected through our Newsletter, social media, tasting and dinner events (in-person and virtual), small-group tours we conduct (pandemics permitting) and private VIP domaine visits we arrange for our clients.

We taste, cherry-pick and cellar every wine we offer from each vintage. Many of the wines and estates are only available in the US through VDLT (Voix de la Terre/Voices of the Earth). Others tend to be sparsely and sporadically available.

While we sell some wines from our NY warehouse, our principal focus is VDLT Direct - orders shipped directly from the estates to our clients in just a few weeks (sometimes days). This allows us to offer a broader range of wines from each producer - including a variety of vintages and bottle sizes. Shipping fees are modest and sometimes less than domestic fees (figure $4-6/bottle on average).

Finally, much of our portfolio is available with a private label. Superb (sometimes exclusive) wines with the label of your choosing are great for business marketing, gifting or sharing with family and friends.

We have many highly satisfied WB clients, who appreciate our uncommon offerings and enhanced wine experience. If you’re frustrated by skyrocketing prices or lost allocations of prized wines, we are a great source for the next great, undiscovered producers.

Contact me if you have interest or questions.

Thanks Adam - both sound very exciting. It’s very neat to see the range of projects!

Thanks for filling us in Greg - sounds interesting.

Hi Greg, good to see you here. I just had one of your Christopher Pichon Condrieu’s on Sunday and it was fantastic. Looking forward to your new offers!

Thanks for the report Anthony. That 2016 continues to drink very well. But Corentin Pichon’s skills are on the rise, as evidenced by each subsequent vintage. The 2019 is amazing with a vitality and flavor dimension rarely experienced in a Viognier. He’s also added 2 new Condrieu cuvées - another single vineyard (joining the incredible Caresse) and a natural version. Great young talent.

Welcome newest BerserkerBusiness member Kyle Gellis, of Blue Monster in Yountville. I think he should participate in NewbiePalooza this year, don’t you think??

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=28037

Welcome our latest new BerserkerBusiness member, one you know, Adolfo H of Monroy Wines in Geyserville. (they have a gorgeous new website - nice work!)

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=29630

Thanks Todd! Slightly embarrassed I hadn’t done this earlier.

Welcome newbies!