The Wines of Laherte Frères with Aurélien Laherte--LIVE Zoom, March 12th @ 12:30pm ET

In! I discovered my WDC account had remnants of a gift card and used it to order the Extra-Brut Ultradition.

Good Monday to everyone. The event is a week from this Saturday. I’m refreshing some more visuals and letting this post serve as a reminder if you plan to join us. By the way, if you happen to have a bottle of Laherte Freres open between now and March 12th, please post the note here. Would love to see it.
histoire.jpg
pressoir.jpg
equipe pressoir.jpg

OP UPDATED WITH NEW TIME!

Aurelien asked us to move it 30 minutes, so we’re at 12:30 pm Eastern/9:30 am Pacific now - same link, etc.

I’m expecting to join in.

Tried to sneak this in behind my back I see. [wink.gif] Looking forward to this.

That’s a relief. 9am seemed a bit early, but 930 is practically Happy Hour. champagne.gif

1 Like

Frank, since your soliciting questions: What changes do you foresee needing to make in the vineyard or winemaking process due to climate change? Changes you’ve already made?

I’ll plan on joining. thanks

Another question:
I recently had a bottle that had a disgorgement date printed on the back label that was different (by a couple of months) from the date on the top side of the cork. What’s the date on the cork?

Yup, sneaking it in with a huge announcement, an extra long title, and multiple responses - figured we’d hide it from you that way [pwn.gif]

It worked!

Thanks for the questions posed. What I’ll do with the pre-event questions is bundle them up and share them ahead of time with Aurelien so if you have questions you want to add to my list, please post it.

Thank you everyone.

Looking forward to it!

Good morning. This Saturday is our event with Aurélien Laherte, 930AM PT / 1230PM ET. The Zoom link is back in Post #1. I’m personally excited to have this opportunity to bring someone of Aurelien’s caliber to the community here. Below are some final visuals for you to enjoy–a couple of very short videos, along with my tasting note and photos of the wine I opened last night. And for what it’s worth, all of the wines I have posted about have been purchased by me. These were not free nor was I asked to speak highly about them. I just really appreciate these wines, how they show and the legacy of a winery like LF to keep doing great things under Aurélien’s vision and leadership.

Hope to see many of you this Saturday AM. [highfive.gif]

In The Vineyard >>>>>> Dropbox - raisins meunier.MOV - Simplify your life

The Press >>>>>> Dropbox - chargement pressoir.mov - Simplify your life

• 2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Les Empreintes - France, Champagne (3/6/2022)
    Disgorged December 2020, 50/50 Pinot and Chard with 4 grams of dosage. Doing the math, this got about 4.5 years on the lees. Damn, this is really good, the Chardonnay (from the plot called Les Chemins d’Epernay) and the Pinot Noir (from the plot called Maison Rouges). The Chardonnay vines are older, planted in 1957, whereas the Pinot Noir was planted in 1983. The nose smells chalky, what I sometimes call pounded rock–it has that chalky signature joined by a white floral note. The core of the wine is really driven by a mix of tangerine and lime, a bright citrusy core that I could even say is like a fresh squeezed ripe tangerine with a kick of lime cutting through it. Where the Pinot Noir comes through is in the structure of the wine, as there is a good spine here, like a cranberry/raspberry red fruit that tucks it all in. There is such a wealth of flavor here, with the necessary structure and acid to make a complete wine. In sum, what this wine shows for me is the deft skill of Aurélien Laherte in getting all of this great flavor to come through. And, in part this reminded initially as what you might find in Vilmart Grand Cellier d’Or, with the tangerine, lime and chalk, but where this wine diverges from that one is the stronger imprint of red fruit character. Straight up pure and delicious, and this was a test drive of the 2015 to see if I wanted to source more. I do!

Posted from CellarTracker

Picked up a bottle of RdM today, will be taking a closer look at the info in this thread this week. Looking forward to Saturday.

Thank you, Carlo. We appreciate the support.

As for the questions already posted on Page 1, I sent those over to Aurelien this morning. Please continue to post questions or have one ready for Aurelien when we do the event.

Todd and I are looking forward to Saturday morning with those of you who can make it.

2015 Les Vignes d’Autrefois is ready to go for tomorrow.

Laura says “Oh boy, Meunier!”

I’ll be there. Looking forward to it.

Thanks guys.

I’m doing the 2015 Longues Voyes, which is the Pinot Noir that comes from Chamery. I plan to ask him about the wine since the fruit source is about 25 kms from the winery in Chavot. It’s a terrific wine, I’ve had it a few times now.

I’ve only got an Ultratradition Brut, so I’m clearly lacking. I’m hoping I can make it for the live event and not the replay!

Good thing I saw this thread pop back up! I sort of need to make myself available tomorrow morning to run this show!! WOOT!