This topic is finished, go and relax

Can someone suggest a constructive path for this thread to take?

We have fulfilled the mission and then some, I do not know how to kill this
constructively.

makes me wonder. maybe the first cult cabernets were just like ā€œwell if DRC can call their wine ā€œthe spotā€ then why cant we?ā€

I mean, in Germany they just call the vineyard ā€œsundialā€ so maybe every language looks at their top wines and thinks ā€œugh what a dumb nameā€¦ we get it, CHARMESā€

no thread ever ends constructively. It will, like all others, be shredded and churned into uselessness.

Well Iā€™ve seen your intellect in other discussions can you suggest an intelligent path?
I am still in the middle of my work day - busting with pride, of the just released- new issues of the
Wine Advocate: reviews, scores and stories on the new Champagne : Recent & Forthcoming Releases,
and our good fortune to not only represent Drappier, and in addition we are the only source in the U.S. for 2
new NV CuvƩes that they scored 93 & 94 pts.
The very first releases, of this new generation that is taking the helm, their very first venture of - ā€œthis is from usā€
2 brothers and the charming Charline, with a Bio-Dynamic CuvƩe.
Rows of Vines that the horses plow, not a tractor,
However, I am not supposed to be self promoting on W.B.
So now I can be attacked for being self serving!

Next BD business offering better include a multi-lingual novelty glass that says ā€œout, out damned spotā€ when you pick it up.

fred

Iā€™d love some Drappier but you keep it for just Hawaii! (Per your website). Spread the love.

For Berserker friends there is always a way, off the site,
The Drappier family asked us to state on our web site that
we only sell within Hawaii, because distributors across the U.S.
Were complaining that our prices were so much lower.

We are always pleased to extend ourselves to the W.B. community,
contact us off of this site - directly and we will be please to take care of
you if we can.
Weā€™ve happily have done precisely that for quite a number of Berserker membersā€¦

So what the hell does ā€œThe Taskā€ mean?

Somebodyā€™s been a naughty little vineyard, and youā€™re tasked with *****-slapping a sense of decorum & propriety into her?

Isnā€™t a circumflex what happens when a Jew or a Muslim gets an erection? OK. Itā€™s a bad joke, but Iā€™m tired and itā€™s late and you can suspend me for it. champagne.gif

Iā€™m looking forward to asking for The Spot in restaurants.

ā€œIt is how do you say, the spot?ā€

1 Like

Your website states that youā€™re ā€œa Honolulu and New York based wine importer.ā€ That might be part of the reason for confusion.

La Tache without the accent circumflex means something like ā€œspotā€ (in German), but more in the meaning of smudge ā€¦ like a smudge on a shirt ā€¦

Fun fact, in French, colloquially you can also call someone ā€œune tacheā€ (or even worse ā€œune grosse tacheā€) in a pejorative / insulting way to indicate about said person a distinct general suckiness.

If it really matters to you, I recommend you start by changing the thread title to something less click-baity. Make it something more generic like ā€œDRC Question (Answered).ā€ Or better yet, donā€™t mention DRC.

1 Like

Looking for a good spot remover?

1 Like

We shall never let this thread die.

1 Like

You started it. Now live with it. Iā€™ d take it as a compliment. I started a thread on buying Sociando Mallet in a French supermarket and no one responded. Iā€™ m still crying myself to sleep.

1 Like

I responded, Jonathan, your plea hit the spot. Plus, your note on the Sociando was spot on.

What is DRC shall never die.

1 Like