Thoughts on this list of PYCM lower end 2017’s

Beyond the usual suspects mentioned above, I love the Pernand ss Fretille in the “cheapies” and the Corton Charlie in the “toppies”… of course, I have not access to all the wines mentioned although I get plenty including the 2 I recommend, having opened a bottle of the fretille 2017 which was super flirtysmile

Dale,

It’s a personal offer which seems very good but I’ve not had any of these. As it’s only recently I started opening up more to More expensive whites. I’ll certainly grab some CM vv and the Corton does seem like a great deal so I’m tempted. But Even at a great price is it twice as good as Chenevottes?

Thanks for all the thoughts so far.

Had one bottle of the 2017 PYCM St Aubin 1er Cru Hommage a Marguerite–most excellent. Definitely at the higher end of its score range IMO. In fact, pretty much of a joke to give this 88-90 points (clear 92 (at least) pointer).

Their Corton Charlemagne is generally very good. Grab a few of those.

The cc is quite good, and 17 is a good vintage.

The CC 2016 was Bill Nanson white burg of the year, I think…2017 should be no slouch

awesome pricing considering what I’ve seen. Buy, buy, buy.

I bought a few bottles of the Rully in the low $30s a year or two ago and they were killer.

This really seems like a producer where you can’t go wrong, and you don’t have to worry about the vineyard sources being too modest in reputation. They seem to make great wine across the board.

I totally understand the impulse to say “why pay $50 for village Pernand Vergelesses or St. Aubin,” but in the case of PYCM, those wines are actually great quality and value at those prices. For however much longer those prices last.

I realize you probably weren’t talking to me Chris, but I’m actually wondering the opposite. I love the $40 - 65 range bottles and I’m wondering if I should just stick to those. I get tons of pleasure in that range and I’m not sure if these will provide immensely or proportionately more.

Very good pricing. I recommend the 2017 PYCM St Aubin 1er Cru Hommage a Marguerite if you can get it. Outstanding wine, not sure what it means to be giving such good wines an 88-90 point spread…