TN: 1979 Beaulieu Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Georges de Latour Private Reserve

There are a number of wineries that seem to make wine in this style. For example, in December I visited and tasted the Cabernet at Mt. Eden (yes, not Napa, but still) and the Mt. Eden Cabernet seemed fabulous and a throw-back to wines of an earlier era.

Another winery where I have in recent years found their Cabs interesting in this way was Stony Hill. But, I think they first started making Cabernet based wine in about 2007 (so I really don’t know how long the wines age) and then the winery was sold a couple of years ago - so, I don’t know what the newer wines are like, except that they seem to be a lot more expensive than before the property was sold.

1 Like

Does anyone can confirm ( or not) that Beaulieu Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Georges de Latour Private Reserve was sourced till 1993 from To Kalon Vineyard?
I could not find information in which wines BV used To Kalon fruits till 1993 when they sold their part of To Kalon to Beckstoffer.

BV Private Reserve traditionally came from BV vineyards 1 and 2. Don’t know if they still own them. BV 1 was the area around the George deLatour house. 2 was visible from Hwy 29 next to the winery.

2 Likes