TN: 2005 R. López de Heredia Rioja Reserva Viña Tondonia

Slightly OT, but the Bosconia Gran Reserva’s “current” release is 1995, right? Although from my CT records this came to market in 2014? My question is, what is the next vintage for Bosconia Gran Risserva? I would assume 2001? If so, when will be the release date for that?

So what you are suggesting is that it is time to tee up my last 2002? I was holding it until 20 years out so I have to keep my hands off until next year, but it looks very promising. Thanks for the note. I find these excellent with food. Did you have it with food and, if so, what would you recommend to top off the experience?

See this thread: Next Lopez de Heredia Grand Reservas? - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Supposedly 2001 Bosconia Gran Reserva will be out sometime in 2021. Does anybody know approximate when this year it will be released?

1 Like

I’m not suggesting that! These bottles go for decades : )

This particular bottle accompanied a NY Strip with ramp butter and some roasted sweet potatoes. Went great. I’m with you that LdH needs a good meal (or at least some charcuterie and cheese) to go with it.

I believe that the 2001 Bosconia GR is being released this year, don’t know when.

Brodie

I think both the Tondonia and Bosconia GR were released in Europe a short while ago, apparently at something like four times the price the 1995 GR was selling for back then (I bought mine for about 50EUR per, IIRC). The Bosconia showed up briefly at about 120EUR on release, then everything shot up overnight to about 200EUR. Mostly sold out already, as far as I can tell. Now the speculation begins for real :slight_smile:

1 Like