TN: 2006 Maybach Materium Cabernet

Even Blinkin hit a bad guy once in a while. (robin hood men in tights)

Uh, Realm wasn’t making wines 13 years ago Will. I would enjoy meeting Juan anyway. flirtysmile

I agree about the 06 Maybach. I purchased 9 bottles and drank one back in May. Here’s my (somewhat brief) CT note from that one:

5/22/2009 rated 94 points: Still very young and closed, this wine has all the makings of an absolute bombshell. Incredible complexity, layers of fruit and deftly balanced even at this stage. Looking forward to the rest of my holdings of Materium in the future. (744 views)

Clearly I was a little lost at the bar Mitzvah reference.

I have no problem with that.

No, it wasn’t him, it was me driving around aimlessly last night.

$ 38 to ship 6 bottles to Fl 2 day air ?? [welldone.gif]

Wow, some other producers should figure that one out…

Maybach uses Vintrust to ship, same as many wineries. The fact that Maybach’s charge is reasonable indicates how easy it would be for others to charge more reasonable rates. While there is the possibility that Maybach is subsidizng the cost to keep the charge low, I doubt it.

Compare that to Scarecrow, who also uses Vintrust. Their 3 pack, which weighs a bit less that the Maybach 6 pack, with zero styro, costs $62 for shipping. Same shipping company, similar weight, but a much higher charge. And wineries want us to believe they don’t make money on shipping. blahblah

For any Maybach lovers interested in the 06, Chris has not sold out and is offering the wine first come first served. That includes those that did not purchase their entire allocations in the Spring. [winner.gif]

Yep. I just placed my order this morning.

Bruce- exactly right. Shafer charged $ 33 to ship 2 Hillside select 2 day air.

good to know, I passed on the 2006, will have to check it out!