TN: 2007 A shitty Oregon Vintage?

Ron how ready was the DDO Laurene? I have a few I am waiting on.

Interesting post Loren. It’s been my experience that 07 has been shitty good not shitty bad. The Dom Serene’s I have had have been great across the board. Haven’t had any 07 in the last year so perhaps they have shifted to being shitty bad?

I’d say it is pretty ready for the early portion if its drinking window. Certainly hasn’t peaked but I found it to be quite good. Earlier bottles were just too oaky.

Thanks ron, maybe ill try one soon. I had an 07 domaine serene evenstad recently that was way too oaky for me, even though I liked it 2 years ago. Not sure if it’s a phase or what.

Not trying to thread hijack but you need try Matello’s Deux Vert Syrah if you liked that one. The 2009 was one of my favorite wines of all of last year.

As for the subject of the thread, I have already consumed most of my 2007s. I didn’t have a lot to begin with, then when they started showing after a couple of years they got consumed in a hurry.

I’ve got 3 2010 Fool’s Journey but probably won’t touch them for a few years.

I am still waiting to drink the Matello.
I found the Biggio similar to the '08 Decalier de la Terre with a little funky ripe fruit on the opening. Both were/are better with some air.

There is no time like the present, my good man. It’s been a few months since I’ve had a bottle, but trust me when I say you are doing it no dis-service by opening it now.

Either way, I look forward to the note once you finally do. champagne.gif

Popped one of these 2 nights ago. Delicious! As close to Meursault as Oregon Chard gets. Bright, slightly briny, non-sweet honey notes, excellent length. Layered and captivating. Should’ve bought a case. It’s become “really shitty”.

RT

I associate 2007 Oregon Pinot with Amalie Robert as both their Amalie’s Cuvée and Estate Pinot were great in 07’. First discovered the 07’ Amalie in a big blind tasting of domestic PN’s and Burgundy.

Opened a 2007 Cameron Dundee Hills Pinot on Saturday and it was fantastic. Cherries, raspberries, with a spicy element. No rough edges, great mouth-feel and finish. It tasted like it had years to go but was great right now.