TN: 2009 Coudert Fleurie Clos de la Roilette Cuvée Tardive - Disappointing

This. It is a very ripe Roilette, but if that’s Parkerized, then any wine from a warm vintage is now Parkerized. The '18s I’ve had are certainly bigger than my preference, but they are also better, fresher, and more pleasant than the 2015s.

Also, everybody has their own tasting preferences, but if a young Beaujolais is enjoyable through day two, that’s plenty for my purposes. I’m certainly not docking points for it being tired on day three.

The “Parkerized” comment is ridiculous. Maybe Robert Parker caused climate change!

To me, Brun tends toward high-toned.

Bright acidity, yes. Mostly not as high toned as this 2009 MaV. I also tend to drink them young.

RT

Nah, there’s been a definite change in the winemaking style.

Maybe you guys didn’t notice because they were boiling the frog slowly.

But for someone who spent more than a decade without Roilette, it’s very obvious.

The mouthfeel & the [apparent] acidity & the synesthesia on the normale have been completely flipped inside out.
roilette_old-school_new-school.png
Or maybe some of y’all’s palates have started making that final trip to the Glue Factory…
horse-meat-chart.png

Maybe, but Nathan’s comment about the used car salesmen is hilarious.

That is factually false. One could consider that from the horse’s mouth, so to speak.

2009 Thivin Cote du Brouilly: Savory, leathery nose with plums and dried cherries…more reminiscent of ripe Pinot. The fruit on the attack is subtle, almost washed out with roasted red fruit and a resinous mouthfeel. Slightly medicinal finish with unexpected warmth. Definitely not what I’m looking for in Cru Beaujolais. This and the 2009 MaVs remind me more of Cotes du Rhone than Beaujolais. These warmer vintages (2009 and 2015) just aren’t my thing.

RT

He’s putting Descartes before de horse!

2009 Jean Foillard Morgon Cote du Py - Pinot like nose of black cherry and briar fruit with hints of earth and fresh herbs. Sappy attack with good acidity and fruit persistence. A bit resinous towards the finish with silty tannins and mild bitterness. Long finish…and some mild warmth. Drinking young with plenty of stuffing for aging. Considerably better than the Thivin.

RT

Actually my nickname (they are big on nicknames) in the Beaujolais, at least in some quarters, is “Parkerization” champagne.gif

Because you went to the dark side!? [smileyvault-ban.gif] [berserker.gif]

Don’t try to save the world from it. That role’s taken.

RT