TN: 2010 Bartlett Blueberry Winemaker's Reserve

You were spot on Kirk - delicious and very unique wine. Damn impressed and glad I picked up a few bottles. Appreciate the reco buddy! [cheers.gif]

[media][Rich Brown on Instagram: "2010 Bartlett Wild Blueberry Wine, Winemakers Reserve. Was excited to try this Blueberry wine based on glowing reviews from a WineBerserker buddy and I was not disappointed! Beautiful, complex blue fruits and a very distinct 'smokey/oily' note that really adds interest. Full bodied but with plenty of acidity. Love that it's 11.5% abv as well! Excellent and very unique wine that should have a very long future ahead of it. Happy to have 2 more bottles! #blueberrywine #bartlettwinery #wine @kirk.r.grant"]

1 Like

So glad you got to try this, we’re drinking the NV Oak Dry Blueberry tonight with steak tips.

1 Like

Thanks again for the reco! Was glad I was able to sneak in a shipment before it got too hot here in AZ. Will hang onto my other 2 for a while - feels like they should age really well!

Just before Covid I had two folks over to my house that had a combined 50+ years in wine retail, restaurants, & distribution. They both chose the 1980’s Blueberry reserve over a 2005 Richebourg. While the Richebourg did still clearly need time…there was still no contest. These wines become something truly special with 25-35 years age on them.

1 Like

Heading up to Mount Desert Island again this summer. Has anyone been to the actual winery? Is it worth a visit?

Yes, if they’re still doing tastings, I would absolutely go. You might need an appointment.

1 Like

Yes, call to schedule a tasting. It’s absolutely worth a visit.