TN: 2011 Congruence Cabernet Sauvignon

I have been following the 11 over the last 6-9 months and it’s getting better. Needs a few hours of decanting or time in the cellar. The 11 Reserve is more open for business with an hour decant. I will check back in on the regular 11 in the Fall.

I actually preferred the previous bottle with more pronounced “green” notes. go figure … ymmv.

Then drink-up! Cheers! We are drinking through our 08’s & 09’s while we wait a little longer for the 11. This has been our best QPR to date! Thank you Steve!

Checking in. I’d say the green notes will generally decrease over time, but the path will not be linear. It’s a living thing after all and all elements will expand and contract for a while.

And thank you, Albert. [cheers.gif]

Just my data point…decanted tonight for about 4 hours. I’d say no rush at all on these, could easily go 5+ years with no trouble. Absolutely requires a good decant at this point, but drinks very nicely. Some fine, grippy tannins, great fruit, some green pepper notes as above.

Opened one for Father’s Day. Can’t say if this is at its “peak“ or not, but it is totally stunning right now. No decant, enjoyed over about three hours, and it would be a ringer for a very good right bank Bordeaux. Lots of sexy Cabernet character, dark berries, etc. Great herbal notes.
Given that it is just hitting its stride at 10 years, I would say no hurry, but it’s very enjoyable right now.

1 Like

Thanks, Nate. I thought from the beginning that the wine would prove to be similar to a Bordeaux, both in profile and development. Nice to see someone share the belief.
[cheers.gif]

1 Like

I’m sure chance is tiny to nil, but would love to get more bottles if they’re available.

1 Like

Man, I’m hanging on to the few I still have. You’d have to make a Godfather offer. flirtysmile

What’s the current exchange rate…how many bottles for a horse head?

1 Like