TN: 2015 Barthod Bourgogne

I’m finishing off the 2012 I opened last night and concur. This is my first Barthod, and I would be fine paying $50 for this again. Just very refined and elegant, and that’s for the lowest level. And now I gotta really get out my wallet to buy some of the 1er crus…

Can someone explain why some bottles has Bons Batons written on it and some dont?

I believe purely a labelling thing for different markets. The wine is exactly the same as the Bourgogne.

I only managed 10 bottles … and it is gorgeous…

…but 50$???..somebody is making a huge profit…and it aint the producer…

Wish I had that many! Unfortunately having trouble sourcing more of this in the US

Is '15 better than the '16?

They’re both very good. I’m not sure I’d characterize one as better. I think the 16 is a bit more open at the present time.

Thx for feedback

I had some 16 last month and it was actually showing quite well. I was surprised at how much it was giving. I wish the store I bought it from had some more…

Seems available online at 49

It´s between 25 and 30 here in Germany, depending on vintage, at least the low offers.
However a lot for a Bourgogne PN

If I could get this for $25 I’d be buying multiple cases every vintage…

https://shop.weinundglas.com/detail/index/sArticle/11338/sCategory/6

28,10 € incl. taxes

Unfortunately with the existing 25% tariffs and shipping (not to mention potential 100% tariffs) that price starts to creep a lot closer to 40-50/bottle