TN: 2015 Thierry Allemand Cornas Reynard (France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Cornas)

Premature poppers.

[smileyvault-ban.gif]

And, like Smaug, start a flame war if anyone else tries to open one.

Have people learned nothing from LotR?

I hope i’m not a Hobbit

Guy’s just sour grapes he couldn’t get any for himself

You guys are babies

Open young Alban or worse young Roy piper, both great but brutal young

I opened 2015 Chave and 2015 Allemand Reynard and poured them both into a magnum decanter together. f*ck, it was the best Hermitas I have ever had. Or Cornitage, if you prefer.

But those tannins though. You need to eat a Kobe A5 Miyazaki Wagyu Flannery Debraggas Filet Ribeye blend with it just to cut the tannin.

Pics, or it never happened!

And if it did, you have big brass ones. I bow in homage.

Michael, jealously is so unbecoming of you. Drink an oxidized Jura and be happy with life. :wink:

I mixed half a bottle of 2015 Allemand with a Ganevat Vin Jaune and a few teaspoons of agave nectar (low glycemic index) over a low flame to simulate vintage Bual Madeira. Was delicious. 93 points. Though, should you add a few drops of gasoline, it’s not unlike a poorly stored 1971 Rheinhessen. :wink:

I like where this thread is heading.

So Adrian was in on that experiment? It’s the first I’ve heard of it. I don’t think he posted notes.

For the love of God, don’t explain the joke.

I accept that advice almost daily. (Truth be told, while I am jealous of people still adding stocks of Allemand and Chave to their cellars, for the most part I stopped buying Allemand after the 2010 vintage due to prices, and I haven’t bought any Chave in years. And pretty soon I will have to stop buying the Gonon and Benetiere that I had replaced them with, thanks to your ability to move markets.)

You should be so lucky. In this scenario you’d be one of the men of Dale.

Why you talking like you’re some old foggy with bottles of 95 allemand bought on release with a $5 price sticker on it.

You’re a year older than I am, you aren’t some old foggy :wink:.

Well, regardless of age, I like to be that guy with the T-shirt that says “Everything you like, I liked five years ago.”

But seriously, you don’t have to go back to 1995 to see a significant price differential. The 2006 Reynard was $62 on release, and reasonably available if you looked. The lowest price I see on Winesearcher Pro for the 2015 Reynard is $375. Even if you get an allocation/offer from a retailer for $250-$300, that is a heck of a price change in less than a decade. Wine budgets obviously depend on personal circumstances, but for me, that is well above a reasonable price to cellar that wine (or really, any wine) in any quantity.

$69 for me, 6 maybe 7 years ago. Inflation sucks!

Last year 14 allemand was 130-150 and you didn’t have to look hard. 2.5x price increase in 7-8 years isn’t a big deal when you consider how undervalued it was as one of the top producers in n. Rhône.
I don’t know anyone with an allocation that paid over 200 for 15 Allemand Reynard so I can’t speak on wine searcher pricing for wine that’s been sitting there not sold

I thought I was bad complaining how much Rousseau/roulot cost 8 years ago compared to now [snort.gif]

Speaking of Michael’s oxidized Jura, up until the 2010 vintage, I used to bite at Chambers’ email of Overnoy-Houillon Chardonnay or Poulsard for like $26 to $28 per bottle. Current vintages, if you can find any (and which Michael had probably cornered), goes for $350.

Yep, inflation really sucks!

We old fogies are not yet so foggy that we don’t know how to spell fogy.