TN: 2016 Emidio Pepe - Trebbiano d'Abruzzo (Italy, Abruzzi, Trebbiano d'Abruzzo)

Envoyer is a great operation.

WT

What’s the story on the Maggies that aren’t numbered? I’ve got 14 Montepulciano, and 15 Trebbiano mags that aren’t numbered on the vintage sticker? All bought from Envoyer btw.
I let Greg know about the Euro vs US bottles a year or so ago, of which he wasn’t aware of the differences. He said he’d check into it…but I guess it took others to point it out again.

I’m hoping someone knows, as I bought those as well. I suspect European given the fact that all of the other bottles were sourced across the pond.

WT

I have corrected my above post. The importer is not Rosenthal. At least in my region. These are DI by Potomac Selections and the Trebbiano and Montepulciano have VV on the label. It is not on the Pecorino.
IMG_9481.jpg
IMG_9480.jpg

There is only one Pecorino wine from Pepe, from one Pecorino vineyard. There is not a young and old vine Pecorino from Pepe, there is only the one Pecorino from Pepe.

newhere

This is a very informative thread on a wine I have been looking to try. Looks like there is a 1997 and a 2010 European version as well as a 2003 US version for sale on winebid right now. It appears to me that the back label distinguishes whether it was aged in a vat or a bottle. Hopefully someone with more experience with the wine can confirm.

This is the Trebbiano thread, not the Montepulciano.

However, the 2010 appears to be the VV. As for the 97 and 03, they also look like the export bottling, based on the label description and bottle numbers.

But all of this is conjecture so don’t trust a word I say. I didn’t even know about the separate bottlings until I read this thread. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: