TN: 2016 Emidio Pepe Trebbiano d'Abruzzo (Italy, Abruzzi, Trebbiano d'Abruzzo)

purchased from Greg…meant to grab another one tonight but got a '15 instead (as I thought that was the bottle in question). '15 tonight tastes good but does seem to have a darker color, fwiw.

2016 Emidio Pepe Trebbiano d’Abruzzo - Italy, Abruzzi, Trebbiano d’Abruzzo (12/5/2018)
I asked the proprietor of Cave Ox in Solicchiata how Pepe’s trebbiano compares to Valentini’s. “Valentini is Valentini,” he said. That said, this wine has a lovely nose of tropical fruit, yellow apple, and citrus. Round palate, good ripe, yellow fruit but in need of a little jolt of extra acid. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Tiberio “Fonte Canale” Trebbiano d’ Abruzzo…I can thank Ian D’Agata for turning me on to this.

Just opened a '16 from Envoyer. Color is similar to the IG photo you posted and is good, lots of minerals and extract and stone fruit and some apple cider. Notice how many notes mention apple cider, one specifically mentioning a bottle sourced from Roscioli? I don’t know these wines well but seems like this is a vintage characteristic…

My bottle was from Roscioli, although I didn’t mention it in my TN, but maybe you discerned that from a post on this board somewhere. I mentioned apple cider on both Nose and Palate, and thought the wine excellent. That said, the color of the wine I was served was much lighter than is depicted in Brian’s picture.

No, it was Biskuit on CT who mentioned Roscioli.

Also a lot of the notes comment on the color, using words like gold, dark yellow, rich yellow, advanced gold, deep straw.

Seems pretty consistent.