TN--2017 Joseph Colin Chassagne Vide Bourse

Excellent info! Thank you.

I do plan to test all this out—someday. It was supposed to be this past July, but alas for COVID.

As part of WineFest V, I have an entire table dedicated to the Colin-Morey empire. I will need to resupply for this bottle which I peeled off, and I still need to get some from Simon and from Emile Jobard-Morey and from Colin-Deleger, but I have a bottle from pretty much everyone else – including a 1980 Albert Morey that the fill doesn’t look too bad on!

I can probably connect you directly to Simon, Mike.

Today, Jobard-Morey doesn’t carry the “Emile” name - it’s Valentin who makes the wines. Is there a connection between those Moreys and they Moreys of Chassagne-Montrachet? I didn’t think there was, but perhaps I am mistaken! Even in Meursault, there used to be siblings Berthe Morey and René Morey, who were no relations to the younger Pierre Morey (who nevertheless ended up exploiting one of their former parcels in Pommard). It can all get a little bewildering, at times…

I would be surprised if these folks with common surnames in Burgundy do not share an (unknown to them) common ancestor.

Sorry, missed these last replies—Troy, thanks so much—I will let you know!

William—this listing does include the estate—sort of!

https://spitbucket.net/tag/pierre-yves-colin-morey/

So PYCM is married to Caroline Morey but his sister is also Caroline?

That is my understanding, which could definitely be wrong.