TN: 2018 Bedrock Wine Co. Zinfandel Old Vine (USA, California)

Yes, decant. i decanted a bottle a while back for 2hrs and then enjoyed over the next 2-3hrs. Very good.

I popped one last weekend and gave it the Buzz treatment for funsies - “chilled down and drank half as a BOSS Rosé” but the second half didn’t see day two [cheers.gif]

Joe, I also recently found out how tasty a “chilled down” Zin can be with a bottle of 2015 Seghesio. Opened it at room temp, poured a glass with some leftover pizza and put the rest in the fridge. The next day, I poured glasses for me and my wife sitting sitting out back enjoying the early evening. Thought we would wait a bit for the wine to to “warm-up” a bit, but took a small sip right away, loved it, and we were off. Almost finished the bottle. The chilling enhances the fruit, yet it still retains enough of its stuffing to not just be a fruit bomb.

So in all the chaos of the power outage I left about a glass of 18 OVZ in an open bottle for a couple days at room temp; figured it’d be dead but it was actually stunning. This wine has some pretty long legs.

Just noticed your post, Michael. I think this is one of the truest things that I have learned about red wines with some “stuffing”. Not sure if it applies more to youngish wines, which tend to be the ones that I drink. It almost seems one cannot expose them to air for too long before drinking them (whether decanting, leaving some in the bottle, etc ). They more often than not improve. I think I have had more red wines with too little air exposure than with too much. FWIW