TN: 2020 Tensley Syrah (USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County)

I would open it on day 1. Try a little and pop the cork back in. Decant the day of the event for 2 to 4 hours and check in on it every hour. I would love to see the notes from that tasting.

Cheers [cheers.gif]

IMHO I donā€™t think the Tensley has a strong Rhoneish profile. Donā€™t get me wrong, I love this wine, but it doesnā€™t strike me as a Rhone ringer - too much fruit. I would try something like a Gramercy Syrah. Just another point of view. Cheers!

2020 Tensley Syrah Colson is another level. Needs a very long decant or several more years.

Or more days! I do want to crack open the 2020 version as I can get free shipping on it and paid $35.00.

Had some errands to run today and got another six pack from a local shop in St. Paul. Hard to beat this at $20 a bottle.

1 Like

I canā€™t find it here anymore

Plenty of places in California should have it. Can they ship to Las Vegas?

Iā€™m going to Tensley in March and will pick some up while I am there

2020 Tensley Syrah - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County (2/6/2022)
Day 1: For sure under $25 wine of the year candidate. Super amazing wine with dark berries, spice, blueberries, minerals, menthol and crushed rock. Medium to long finish. No heat and balanced wine. 92 points

This isnā€™t going to make it to day 3!