TN: Cedric Bouchard Val Vilaine

Stuff if disappearing so fast you would think it’s Hofgut Falkenstein! :wink:

If it makes you feel any better I don’t find huge vintage variation with this wine; it’s really consistent and always good.

This is generally true. There are a few years (2011 most notably) when things are not quite up to snuff, but overall it’s really fun to enjoy the vintage styles.

Great to hear about the 2008… I believe it! I drank the 2014 model this year and it is easily one of the best wines I drank all year. I mean I was blown away by this wine.

Halfway through a bottle of the 2018. Still pretty tightly wound and reticent out of the fridge. Nice developed color, pinprick bubbles. Great introduction to Covid-Christmas Eve. The wine opens and sings from the heart as it warms. Hard to beat high quality bubbles, runny Brie de Meaux, Sicilian Black/green olives and Olive sourdough loaf. Merry Christmas Berserkers!

#winning

Finished off a 2015 of this last night. High school cafeteria bread rolls was our first impression. Very nice champagne, will definitely buy some more!

Has anybody had a 17 or 18 lately…found this old thread (fun) while searching

I probably haven’t for 3 years b7t I’d like to pop one for my wife’s birthday next week. Vintage won’t sway her appreciation of course, but my curiosity was to see if either has emerged?

Has anybody popped lately?

My wife and I enjoyed an ‘18 in December. :fire: