TNs: Crunchy Red Fruit Burgundies

To me it’s more literal than that. It’s red fruit qualities that are typically “crunchy” when consumed fresh, like cranberries, raspberries, red currants. But also have that brightness and lively acidity as noted.

Try Bernard Moreau. All my CM reds are from one of those two.

I have found that a lot of burgundies that have really concentrated bright red fruit with good acidity when young age very well.

I take serious issue with that claim!!! [berserker.gif]

Welcome. There is room for many. You may like them as much or more than me, but to be a missionary you have to talk about them.

I have some of the cardeuse. both Pillot, Philippe Colin, and others make decent cm reds too.

I would certainly add Ramonet to this list. Have several 2005-2014 that would fit the bill.

Cannot second strongly enough. Had some of the Moreau Chassagne Rouge VV recently, was very impressed.

Ramonet’s whites have gone stratospheric. I’m glad their reds are still a “value” play in burgundy!

They have been getting more expensive in the US.

I opened a crunchy red fruit burg tonight; 2015 Lumpp A Vigne rouge. Delicious, notes later:

I’ve done that numerous times here!

Yes. Dan is definitely a member of the club. Cheers to you Dan. Stay safe in London.

[cheers.gif]

Looks like a crunchy red fruited chassagne in the gif glass!

Hope all safe and well at your end.

[cheers.gif] Still not sure what crunchy means.

Hey Subu,

Interesting line up, thanks for the notes !