Top three white Burgundy producers in your cellar

If those are the only two wines you care about, forget Moreau. He makes very little of those as I understand it.

Dauvissat
Pycm
???

Interesting how many have pycm at the top of the list. He now accounts for nearly 50% of my white burgs And Iā€™m perfectly happy with that. Nobody else above 5%.

I buy those to age. I also buy the Morgeot, Vergers, and the Chassagne. Canā€™t keep my hands off the latter.

My top three:
PYCM
Raveneau
Leflaive

I visited Moreau in 2013 and was thrilled with his whites. Prior to that never heard of them. I went on a buying spree and still have a bunch of '10-'15s although stopped buying he grand crus a few years ago due to price. My favorite of his PCs is the Caillerets while his Chassagne villages is the best of any producer I have tasted. I remember Alex saying he made only 1 barrel of the '10 Batard of which I have 3 precious bottles.

Hubert Lamy
PYCM
Dauvissat

PYCM by a country mile then not sure between

Then small quantities
Lafon
Dauvissat
Barraud (Pouilly fuisse)
Lamy H
Buisson Charles and Boillot

1. Boillot
  2. Leflaive
  3. Ramonet

Iā€™ve really tried to get rid of (sell or drink up) ā€˜expensiveā€™ older white burgs, over the last 5 years or so. PremOx is just depressing. My wine collection is down to about 2% white Burg (vs over 50% red Burg), and at least 1/3 of that are bourgogne blanc ā€˜daily drinkersā€™. And less than 1/2% is 2009 or older (and Iā€™m working on that, will drink these up this year!!!). Really trying to just not have any white Burg older than 10 years from vintage dateā€¦

If the PremOx problem did not exist I would probably have about 20% white Burg in the collection, maybe moreā€¦

Sadā€¦

Dipping toes back in after premox chased me out of the water 20+ years ago. Donā€™t have much but itā€™s mostly:

Bouchard
Jacques Carillon

Only two

Jean Louis Chavy
Alain Chavy

Raveneau
Roulot
Coche

In that order.

I have loved virtually every wine I have had from Buisson Charles but have very little of it in my cellar. Guess it just is not that available in these parts. Too bad.

I am not sure that there is a better value in white Burgundy today than Bouchardā€™s Meursault Perrieres.

That bottling is my #1 white Burgundy holding.
Youā€™re the one that put me on to it, Howard. Thank you.
Love the wine and pricing remains reasonable.

Glad I could help.

Buisson Charles comes in at about 5th in my cellar with a bullet. I too love these wines.

Bouchard MP is one of my two largest individual holdings of a white and it was this board that got me onto it as well - I think either from Howard or Donā€™s dinners.

If I had continued,

1. Dublere and Heitz Lochardet (tied)
  2. PYCM
  3. Moreau-Naudet
  4. Caroline Morey (if I had lumped her wines with the wines of her husband, they are be about tied for second with Bernard Moreau)
  5. Drouhin

After these, the numbers get small for everyone else.

Based on what is in the cellar today:

By Quantity:
PYCM
Raveneau
Roulot

By Value Using CT Valuation(not cost):
Raveneau
Coche
PYCM

The other interesting stat is to look at the top 3 WB consumed by producer:

By Quantity:
Raveneau
Dauvissat
PYCM

By Consumed Value:
Coche
Raveneau
Roulot

Coche and to a lesser extent Roulot have been really difficult to obtain recently, so as they are consumed both will fall off the top 3 list. PYCM pricing has moved up dramatically but the wines are available if you want to pay the tariff. Iā€™ve cut way back on Dauvissat because of repeated premox issues.

1. Raveneau
  2. Roulot
  3. Lamy